[V24.2 - Geoscape] - TWO issues

Emily_F

On 10/15/2022 at 8:18 PM, Emily_F said:

1. The cleaner plot seems to have stalled and I've not had any cleaner missions for 2 months

2. When the dialogue box pops up to warn me the panic levels are critical and the OK button doesn't clear it. 

auto_strategy_after_intercept-32.json 657.24 kB · 0 downloads output.log 4.16 MB · 1 download

Thanks. So it looks like you've done the first Cleaner research project. Can you remember if the mission site for the capture data tactical mission appeared for you? Or did you complete it (or maybe fail it) and then the next research didn't get unlocked?

It looks like you've earned the invisible item from the capture data mission that stops it respawning, but somehow haven't triggered the next research project (which should be unlocked by any of the data items recovered from the mission).

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Thanks. So it looks like you've done the first Cleaner research project. Can you remember if the mission site for the capture data tactical mission appeared for you? Or did you complete it (or maybe fail it) and then the next research didn't get unlocked?

It looks like you've earned the invisible item from the capture data mission that stops it respawning, but somehow haven't triggered the next research project (which should be unlocked by any of the data items recovered from the mission).

I seem to recall something weird happened - I went to do the data collection mission (as it stated before I went to it) but it ended up being an abduction mission.  

4 hours ago, Emily_F said:

I seem to recall something weird happened - I went to do the data collection mission (as it stated before I went to it) but it ended up being an abduction mission.  

Yeah, that would explain how you got into this situation. I'll do some testing and see if I can figure out why you might have got the wrong mission.

I've just tested the mission myself and it seemed to load fine, so if you (or anyone else) experiences this during a campaign then please put the pre-mission strategy saves in this thread and it should be fairly easy to debug why the map / mission selection is going wrong.

I have possibly the same bug, though not a very useful save. Researched Cleaner Operations some time ago but never got the data capture mission. Here's a save where you can confirm Cleaner Operations research from the Xenopedia, but no capture mission spawned as said. I also don't think I encountered any mission loading into the wrong one like Emily describes.

user_day_109_manual_save-3.json

3 hours ago, Solver said:

I have possibly the same bug, though not a very useful save. Researched Cleaner Operations some time ago but never got the data capture mission. Here's a save where you can confirm Cleaner Operations research from the Xenopedia, but no capture mission spawned as said. I also don't think I encountered any mission loading into the wrong one like Emily describes.

user_day_109_manual_save-3.json 649.63 kB · 0 downloads

I think that's likely to be a different bug. The issue Emily experienced happens when the game can't find (or doesn't want to pick) a specific map, so it picks what it thinks is the next best map instead. But clearly something is going wrong with the map lookup in certain circumstances.

What you've experienced sounds like a mission failing to unlock correctly, which would probably have a different cause.

I'll keep an eye out for both when I do my testing.

@Chris I am having a play thru of the latest version and appear to have the cleaner ops fail again.  I have attached two saves - one where I am researching cleaner ops, and one just after finishing it.  I have let the clock go past the end of the month and no cleaner intel mission has spawned. 

user_cleaner_ops_researching-1.json user_just_finished_cleaner_operations_research-2.json

17 hours ago, Emily_F said:

@Chris I am having a play thru of the latest version and appear to have the cleaner ops fail again.  I have attached two saves - one where I am researching cleaner ops, and one just after finishing it.  I have let the clock go past the end of the month and no cleaner intel mission has spawned. 

user_cleaner_ops_researching-1.json 439.4 kB · 0 downloads user_just_finished_cleaner_operations_research-2.json 463.17 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT: Thanks. Yeah, this is fixed now I've had a chance to look at the saves. The problem was that the previous mission (the Wraith abduction site with the strange name) was granting an item that stopped the Cleaner storyline missions from spawning.