Advanced Difficulty Customization

81dB

I'm not sure how easily this could be implemented, but it would be cool if we could have advanced difficulty sliders in the final version, similar to setting up a game of Anno.

There would be sliders for all the difficulty variables and multipliers. Some examples would be:

- Starting Money

- UFO Spawn Frequency

- Alien Stat Multipliers

- Aggressiveness of AI

- Research Rates

- Anything else that can vary between difficulties

You can see where I'm going with this. It would be much more diverse than the typical 1-option difficulty setting, and allow for easier/better customization of games. The default options can still be kept in the game, as the recommended/balanced difficulties. "Easy" would consist of all the sliders being on the left, while "Superhuman/Insane" would have all the sliders on the right.

Here's what an Anno 1404 game setup screen looks like.

Thoughts?

I don't really like it. This game is about mistery. You can not know the mystery before you won the game. You should not know what to expect.

While it can be moddeble in some xml defines. But again ufo spawn frequency can be adaptive and can take into account a lot of different things. And aliens can have different tactics from game to game for replayability. Knowing what to expect is making game much easier.

They can rip your intenceptors, terrorise the city, pull out your chinooks and make a base attack. This is all abot difficulty and expenses you can have every month. Behavoir should not be determined IMHO

Edited by KOKON

Cool. Maybe these can be unlocked after beating the game once, to preserve the 'mystery'.

And I never suggested behavior should be modified, simply multipliers such as the frequency of which UFOs appear (and thus terrorize, make bases, scout, etc.), and their stats.

It'd be fun (for me at least) to play a game with high starting money and ridiculously high UFO activity, just to see how long you can hold out.

Edited by 81dB