[v13.1] Soldier with shield either has no shield or can barely move.

I created a soldier in the game with a pistol and a grenade. During the first mission everything was fine - the soldier had plenty of APs although I don't remember if he had a visible shield at the time.

Then I few the helicopter to a second mission (without going back to base). The soldier now had half of his original hitpoints - possibly because he picked up his shield somewhere.

The shield seems to be too heavy to be of much use and shows up intermittently.

The first time i flew on a mission - there was a soldier with a shield. Though that shield was invisible when a soldier was moving or crouching. The second time that particular soldier had no shield in his hand, but a grenade instead.

from the patch notes:

- Combat Shield: This seemed to be very popular on the forums and it's now in the game. The combat shield will block 80% of incoming fire from directly in front and 65% of fire from diagonal directions, and will block no shots from the side or rear. It has 120 HP and is destroyed when that reaches 0.

The renders for this are in progress and are not yet in the game, so only the idle frames for the combat shield with the ballistic pistol are available for the basic and Jackal armour so you know it is there (more will follow in the future). Also, for some reason I can't make it appear in the Soldier Equip screen so it appears by default on the pistol soldier in the Quick Battles and on the Geoscape if you keep him armed with a pistol. It'll work normally in the next build hopefully.

Yeah, i see. But i though that idle also includes crouching.

And it doesn`t explain why on the second mission that guy with a pistol loses his shield if no changes were made to his equipment and he wasn`t even shot at in the first mission.