Shooting through Windows

Hello,

I did try to find this topic somewhere, so if it has already been brought up, I'm sorry to do so again. Loving how the game is coming along so far and looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

I really really don't like the way shooting through windows works in the game right now. I saw an alien through a window the other day (about 6-8 tiles away) and it took two shotgun shells to break the window while trying to kill it. Of course then I was out of AP and had to wait a turn before getting another chance. The alien actually turned around and got a shot off through the now broken window during his turn. In that instance my dude didn't get hit, but the whole thing felt really silly.

I'm not going to tout realism in a game based on aliens, but windows don't feel right in the game currently. I feel like I got the jump on the alien but couldn't do anything about it. Am I alone in the opinion that store windows shouldn't stop bullets? Thanks for reading!

-R

Odd, they should only take one shot. There was a discussion about being able to break windows with melee attacks (which should be available for every weapon).

The bigger current concern (for me at least) it that shooting through open doors and broken windows doesn't always work. Especially doors, since even with a open door they shoot the door to pieces before they shoot through it. Similar with windows, but it does sometimes go through the hole before the wall is shot out.

Hmmm I would imagine that a window would have very little stopping power, so the first shot should not only break the window, but also go through and hit the alien (if it was going to in the first place). At least that's what I would expect to happen.

As for the shooting of open doors and windows, that is weird, and hopefully will be fixed soon =]

Odd, they should only take one shot. There was a discussion about being able to break windows with melee attacks (which should be available for every weapon).

The bigger current concern (for me at least) it that shooting through open doors and broken windows doesn't always work. Especially doors, since even with a open door they shoot the door to pieces before they shoot through it. Similar with windows, but it does sometimes go through the hole before the wall is shot out.

I suppose then it's totally possible that dude shot the wall first accidentally. I suppose if you could melee the windows first, then shoot through it, I would be happier. Any resistance to bullets by glass still feels seriously weird though, just my honest feedback.