[V22.6 - Ground Combat] game crash

Orcman

Had just pressed End Turn and aliens took a shot at something and hit the car that is just on the edge of the visible area.  The car exploded and the game became unresponsive (white window).

Reloading the save and pressing end turn again produces different a result - the alien doesn't hit the car and kills my guy instead :(, so unfortunately I cannot reproduce the crash.

I have included the save and logs.  I noticed in the steamapps/common/xenonauts 2 directory there is what looks like the memory dump in a dated directory - I can post this if you want it, but haven't as it is over 4mb.

Sorry I couldn't give you something reproducible,

Orcman.

Save Game.zip

Logs.zip

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2021 at 2:10 AM, Orcman said:

Had just pressed End Turn and aliens took a shot at something and hit the car that is just on the edge of the visible area.  The car exploded and the game became unresponsive (white window).

Reloading the save and pressing end turn again produces different a result - the alien doesn't hit the car and kills my guy instead :(, so unfortunately I cannot reproduce the crash.

I have included the save and logs.  I noticed in the steamapps/common/xenonauts 2 directory there is what looks like the memory dump in a dated directory - I can post this if you want it, but haven't as it is over 4mb.

Sorry I couldn't give you something reproducible,

Orcman.

Save Game.zip

Logs.zip

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately I don't think the logs contain anything useful - I think you probably tried to reproduce the crash before uploading the logs, right? The game overwrites the logs if you do that (it actually saves them as logs2 or logs3 etc, but they also get overwritten in time).

It's useful to hear you confirm that you can't reproduce the sequence of events in the save game though, because that means we've got an issue with the saved seeds in the save game - something we thought we'd fixed recently, but I guess we only managed to partially fix it. We'll take a look at that too.