[V22.2 - Ground combat] Game soft locks on enemy turn

Norpal

Doing a landed Destroyer site. Enemies (that I can see) are Mantids and floating drones.

First and second turn go without a hitch, I kill one Mantid and a drone, but after ending the second turn, the game gets stuck with the Hidden Movement screen up. It's NOT a hard crash; I can still pan the camera around and can see characters doing their idle animations under the hidden movement screen, but nothing happens.

- This occurred consistently over three attempts.

- I waited for up to 11 minutes to see if the game was just taking its time, but nothing continued to happen. Had to alt-f4 out.

Attaching output.log and the end turn autosave.

output.log

auto_groundcombat_turn_2_end-143.json

EDIT: After reverting to the end-of-turn 1 autosave, I was able to play through the mission mostly without incident.* That save already got overwritten, but I'm adding the pre-mission autosave to the post just for good measure.

auto_strategy_before_combat-35.json

*: There was an audio bug where a drone's movement sound got stuck on a loop, even persisting through to the geoscape. It went away with a game restart. Can't tell if this is related; the audio glitch was NOT present when the soft-lock happened.

Edited by Norpal

Haven´t had this Combination so far. But with the other Buglogs with such Parts you have sent already, there is a lot to fix for the next big Version and an thrid Hotfix for V.22.

Btw. have you testet the Alenium- and Laser-Weapons already in V.22?

Edited by Alienkiller

4 hours ago, Norpal said:

Doing a landed Destroyer site. Enemies (that I can see) are Mantids and floating drones.

First and second turn go without a hitch, I kill one Mantid and a drone, but after ending the second turn, the game gets stuck with the Hidden Movement screen up. It's NOT a hard crash; I can still pan the camera around and can see characters doing their idle animations under the hidden movement screen, but nothing happens.

- This occurred consistently over three attempts.

- I waited for up to 11 minutes to see if the game was just taking its time, but nothing continued to happen. Had to alt-f4 out.

Attaching output.log and the end turn autosave.

output.log

auto_groundcombat_turn_2_end-143.json

EDIT: After reverting to the end-of-turn 1 autosave, I was able to play through the mission mostly without incident.* That save already got overwritten, but I'm adding the pre-mission autosave to the post just for good measure.

auto_strategy_before_combat-35.json

*: There was an audio bug where a drone's movement sound got stuck on a loop, even persisting through to the geoscape. It went away with a game restart. Can't tell if this is related; the audio glitch was NOT present when the soft-lock happened.

Thanks. We'll take a look.