Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
geno

[v 16.1 Ground combat] A bunch of bugs

Recommended Posts

I've noticed some new problems with this version

-When I right click over a fire mode my soldier rotates like if I ordered him to turn to that direction

-At night missions, my soldiers distance of view is ridiculous low. Some users have mentioned it, but I had situtation were a soldier could only reveal one tile ahead when he's going throw unexplored areas.

-Apparently you can throw flares to the other point of the map if nothing blocks its trajectory (happened at jungle biome, I didn't test it on other maps). It's not just the distance, you can have always a 100% chance if nothing is blocking you

-I reloaded a game and the flares are now a pink square.

-When the pointer is on an unexplored area, it shows the defense levels of the terrain and they make too a ghosting effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, geno said:

-At night missions, my soldiers distance of view is ridiculous low. Some users have mentioned it, but I had situtation were a soldier could only reveal one tile ahead when he's going throw unexplored areas.

The first one is an Feature, which makes the Game more real. Like in Real you don´t see anything without light, with a small Lamp you see a little. And that is a must have, because the good old X-Com and UFO ET have the same Feature as well as, if I remember correctly the new Phoenix Point.

The other thing you mention shouldn´t happen.

To the other Things you mention I can´t say anything, because I havenüt had such a Bug yet or I haven´t seen it. But dosen´t matter we will get 2 more fixed Versions this Month. And every Failure, Bug etc. we see as well as could be fixed make the Early Access Versions more stable / playable, where we can be very proud of then.

Edited by Alienkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, geno said:

I've noticed some new problems with this version

-When I right click over a fire mode my soldier rotates like if I ordered him to turn to that direction

-At night missions, my soldiers distance of view is ridiculous low. Some users have mentioned it, but I had situtation were a soldier could only reveal one tile ahead when he's going throw unexplored areas.

-Apparently you can throw flares to the other point of the map if nothing blocks its trajectory (happened at jungle biome, I didn't test it on other maps). It's not just the distance, you can have always a 100% chance if nothing is blocking you

-I reloaded a game and the flares are now a pink square.

-When the pointer is on an unexplored area, it shows the defense levels of the terrain and they make too a ghosting effect.

Thanks for the reports. The night vision issue is a bug that's already been fixed in V16.2, but I'll look into the other issues for V17.

18 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

The first one is an Feature, which makes the Game more real. Like in Real you don´t see anything without light, with a small Lamp you see a little. And that is a must have, because the good old X-Com and UFO ET have the same Feature as well as, if I remember correctly the new Phoenix Point.

The other thing you mention shouldn´t happen.

To the other Things you mention I can´t say anything, because I havenüt had such a Bug yet or I haven´t seen it. But dosen´t matter we will get 2 more fixed Versions this Month. And every Failure, Bug etc. we see as well as could be fixed make the Early Access Versions more stable / playable, where we can be very proud of then.

I think you should assume anyone reporting bugs on the forum is an experienced Xenonauts player that understands the game mechanics. Most people know that the game has shorter vision ranges at night, so when they say "vision ranges are too low at night" they really mean that they are shorter than the expected vision range at night (rather than they think vision being shorter at night than day is a bug).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×