Trully destructable terrain

Aelius

In Xenonausts i find the terrain to be, not very destructible. Chris will it be any collapsing buildings like seen in this

?

Plus you may notice that dropped ammo ignite while exposed to a blast, a cool feature if you ask me.

Another thing i would like is for smoke to slowly stun soldiers/aliens and fire to spread out on combustible tiles (tall grass/trees/wooden buildings)

I don't think the engine supports fully collapsing buildings, ala Apocalypse, but it'd be very cool if it did. I never did like seeing how I had blown up the entire lower floor of a barn, just to see that the upper floors were just flying in the middle of the air.
I have some very very fond memories of Apocalypse and collapsing architecture.

One time I was in the agridome building hunting aliens. All my guys had jetpacks and some of there were flying up at the ceiling. Suddenly an alien shoots up at them, misses and hits the glass. The ENTIRE glass ceiling beings to cave in and glass panels start raining down over the entire map.

Another mission was in the theater. I was fighting some aliens in a long broad corridor. I think I got careless with the explosives or something because the ceiling above my troops caved in and wounded a couple. But it didn't stop there! The ceiling of the entire corridor caved in from one end to another! The falling ceiling kept going and going until it reached the other end of the corridor and fell onto one aliens head, instantly killing him. It was like watching something out of an indiana jones film.

Good times.

Chris did say he wanted to have this happen.

http://www.xenonauts.com/forum/topic?id=572&p=1#p9141

http://www.xenonauts.com/forum/topic?id=412&p=1#p5399

Not sure how its going though.

Lots of fun with Apoc's collapsing buildings. Nearly as much rage too. Pipes full of stun gas, various flimsy drainage piping dropping on the head of an agent, killing them.

Destroying an entire walkway to drop aliens down so you can get a better shot.

Then there were the water purification plants. Oh god...

Had a mission where I couldn't find the last alien in a slum block - lined up my team in front of the foundations, set them on autofire - being able to crush one cowering alien by bringing the entire tower block down? priceless.
God I loved Apocalypse's physics.

Remember a few times in missions in the slums. I'd drop some demo charges at the base of an apartment building and run. Bomb goes off, entire building comes crashing down, killing all the aliens in it.

Or those wonderful chain reactions with ordinance or generators. Set one off, and watch the blasts just keep going.

PS: Some posts weren't copied