Throwing grenades

Prox grenades are king, especially if you forget about the one you dropped at turn 2 and end up stepping on it during turn 15 :)

Other than that, they are great for area control / early warning system against aliens. If a grenade goes off, you can be sure someone is / was around there.

Rolling the nades i would absolutely adore, and it should not be "that hard" to do, assuming they can give the nades different firing modes.

In the last version I had one soldier solely dedicated to grenades. Whenever the aliens would be hiding out near their power core I would just lob tons of grenades into that room until they were all dead or I had run out of grenades.

shrapnel range for defensive grenade can be about 200 metres. which is much more than a throw range (thats why you go down immediately after throwing this thing) example - soviet F-1 grenade. modern grenades use plastic hull with premade shrapnels inside, and have range of about 10 - 20 metres. offensive granades have higher load of explosives, but much less fragmantes, reducing its effeective range, but making them safer for attacking troops

I like the idea of an indicator for grenade throws, sometimes it's hard to see if something is in the way or not with the fixed camera. Something like an arc line would be good and then options to adjust the height of the arc (to avoid door frames or low walls)

You can still have a chance to miss so I don't see why this would make the game too easy or not fun. Having grenades bounce back because of the lack or perspective is what's not fun.

Okay a couple of questions:

I chunked a couple of 'nades at an alien in a mission in the demo build. They had a 20% chance of landing where I aimed them. I guess they failed. They disappeared. What happen?!

Secondly: when people walk through smoke sometimes they stop and cough or something. But I just click to keep going and they keep going. Am I missing something here? Is there like an AP cost for this kind of thing?

when people walk through smoke sometimes they stop and cough or something. But I just click to keep going and they keep going. Am I missing something here? Is there like an AP cost for this kind of thing?

I think smoke does knock out damage because I've seen civilians turn blue after walking into smoke instead of the regular death sprite. Not sure your soldiers show knock out damage in this build.