A few research questions

Hi

Just tried the current build a little bit and i have a few questions:

- I can't seem to research the plasma pistol ammo, and i can't use the alien weapons(It is reasearched), too. At least i cannot equip my soldiers with it.

Don't know if i am doing something wrong or if its a bug.

- can't research alien corpses.

- all in all there seems to be very little to research. Will it be added, or will there really be so few things to research?

It is possible to research the plasma pistol, and you should get a UFOPAEDIA entry for having researched it. I don't think it's necessary to research plasma pistol ammo. This is because you cannot equip your soldiers with plasma weapons that the aliens use (you get the gist of why this is from the UFOPAEDIA entry for the plasma pistol). You will be able to pick up and use alien weapons during combat but I don't think it's possible right now because the graphics for the plasma clip are not finished yet so you get a CTD when trying to look at a dead alien's inventory. Alien weapons are almost purely for research purposes, and will lead your scientists to design analogous weapons that you will be able to manufacture for your troops to use.

If you want to play with new weapons, see if you can find a UFO power source. After researching that and the plasma pistol it should be possible to research laser weapons. I haven't been able to do that (bug maybe) but others here have managed to build and use the laser weapons.

Most of the other research isn't in the game yet. Don't worry. It'll be in there when the game is finished

Amaror: this is an alpha build. it is a very vry early version of the game still under development and adding functions. ALOT more things (functions, reserach, equipment, aliens etc) will be added.

As Buzubuzu have said its slightly buggy and/or not implemented yet.

The alien plasma weapons are missing some files and causes crashes atm.

The alien corpses are not implemented at all in geoscape/baseview. They are destroyed at the end of each combat since there is no alien containment unit to keep them in (not implemented yet)

The research tree is cut short mostly because everything isnt put into the game yet but also because crutial objects in the interior of the UFOs are temporarily removed from the game (so since you can't find them you can't research them)

The user Guaddlike has had successs in tampering with his (xml?) gamefiles to bypass some requirement and workaround missing files to prevent some of the crashes.

The next build should deal with most of these issues when it comes out. The current build doesn't have UFO power cores in it, which means you can't get your hands on laser weapons (although they are in the build). We'll fix that shortly.