[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Harridans are snipers yes.. i am still tring to balance the vehicles.. even i gave them much armor at hotfixes, they dont look like tough enough.. a human dies with 2-3 bullets, vehicles 5..

so, isnt 5 bullet very few to kill a vehicle.. i mean cars even take tons of bullets.. and vehicles are enemy target priorities.. so if u try to hide your vehicles, then what will u do with them?

Any ideas?

Make vehicles very tough, but also make their weapon more focused on suppression, rather than high damage.

The idea is that vehicles are like mobile cover that makes aliens crouch, attract attention towards it and soak lots of damage, but not really used as a killing device primarily.

Then again, you can choose that some weapons are for demolishing the map, while others are good for suppressing and morale damage against aliens.

How does that sound?

Edited by Reactorcore

The 0.97 is nearly ready.. to be honest its ready.. I didnt want to release it or a while but asierus24 find out the enriched alenium bug and its essential for end game and it needs restart.. So rather then a hotfix, i can go for new version..

Will a save from 0.96 hotfix 10 be loadable by 0.97 do you think?

I started playing your mod over the weekend and am having a ton of fun with it. The only thing I really don't like is having to get so many UFO bits to make earth planes. I'm in third month and have 1 foxtrot & 1 Bomber. Can't make a Corsair because it needs a heavy engine & something else which no UFOs have had yet. The main thing I am impeded by is the torpedo things for the others. I assume that this is to enforce a restriction on the defense fleet for balance, so I understand even if it's irritating to have a load of engineers and nothing I can build with them. :)

I love that Jackal armour is useful, that different aliens resist different damage, I can take more troops, new guns (although tooltips are absent so have to build and try them out to see how good they are), awesome upgraded shields. All round really interesting so far.

A few issues:

- Laser pistol has snap and normal shots wrong way round (although TUs and Acc go together correctly)

- Advanced balistic pistol & shield combo doesn't show shield in GC which is confusing. (it still protects though)

- New entries in Xenopedia don't pop up correctly often and to get it to close I have to hunt for the new entry.

You probably have them anyway, but in case thought I would try to help.

Will a save from 0.96 hotfix 10 be loadable by 0.97 do you think?

I started playing your mod over the weekend and am having a ton of fun with it. The only thing I really don't like is having to get so many UFO bits to make earth planes. I'm in third month and have 1 foxtrot & 1 Bomber. Can't make a Corsair because it needs a heavy engine & something else which no UFOs have had yet. The main thing I am impeded by is the torpedo things for the others. I assume that this is to enforce a restriction on the defense fleet for balance, so I understand even if it's irritating to have a load of engineers and nothing I can build with them. :)

I love that Jackal armour is useful, that different aliens resist different damage, I can take more troops, new guns (although tooltips are absent so have to build and try them out to see how good they are), awesome upgraded shields. All round really interesting so far.

A few issues:

- Laser pistol has snap and normal shots wrong way round (although TUs and Acc go together correctly)

- Advanced balistic pistol & shield combo doesn't show shield in GC which is confusing. (it still protects though)

- New entries in Xenopedia don't pop up correctly often and to get it to close I have to hunt for the new entry.

You probably have them anyway, but in case thought I would try to help.

Hey Hazel!

Sadly yes.. a restart will needed but many bugs crashed and much more balanced.. i hope.. :) I can't repair/add things without restart.

-With new version you will get much more items to craft more planes/weapons/others.

-Yes there is no tooltips yet, but there is an excel file in the od directory named "weapon-stats". You can check it to see your weapons abilities and compare them with others! I am leaving tooltips to the end after all balancing is over.

-I am learning modding this game still.. i just noticed something about ufopedia popups coding to make them all working 5 min ago.. :)

-That shield/gun visual error will be handled soon,i know its confusing and lame but i give priority to coding for now.. thx to our testers, their making the list of missing parts, we will get rid of them totally..

0.97 will have much more bugfree and i hope real enjoy will start with it.. still it will be always testing period until ver 1.00 :)

Make vehicles very tough, but also make their weapon more focused on suppression, rather than high damage.

The idea is that vehicles are like mobile cover that makes aliens crouch, attract attention towards it and soak lots of damage, but not really used as a killing device primarily.

Then again, you can choose that some weapons are for demolishing the map, while others are good for suppressing and morale damage against aliens.

How does that sound?

There's a bit of a problem in that MoraleDamage does nothing to non-player controlled units. Only player-controlled units can panic, berserk, etc. so bravery doesn't actually seem to do anything.

How does that sound?

Yes this is the balance idea.. non-vital area destroying/surpression weapons with tought armor... thx!

Kabill repaired new ufos terror site bug.. yippiii..

well im using the scimitar with no problem, yeah snipers usually later ingame 2/3 shots the tank. i avoided harridans until sentinels/predator armors rolled out :) did 1 mission to get techs lossing some guys. doing an alien outpost early can easy much things if you dont destroy it.

I nearly missed your reply.. I changed the losing armor by shot percentage to %20 from %35.. the armors will stay longer.. both us and enemies.

As i said i used kabills fix at your save and it worked.. i will now handle the bug when that ufos destroyed..

I am thinking adding another vehicle as just very tough armor but lame fire power.. pfff.. we will see that..

Edit: Ufos know can destroyed.. geosphere is now bug free now!!!!

Edited by drages

I nearly missed your reply.. I changed the losing armor by shot percentage to %20 from %35.. the armors will stay longer.. both us and enemies.

As i said i used kabills fix at your save and it worked.. i will now handle the bug when that ufos destroyed..

I am thinking adding another vehicle as just very tough armor but lame fire power.. pfff.. we will see that..

Edit: Ufos know can destroyed.. geosphere is now bug free now!!!!

nice! :) i was having bad time lossing cities and bases to that ufo xD

anyway i found something weird lots of #### poped up on transfer items while using debug mode, i dunno if this is important or its just some items without name. (there are more ## scrolling down ) pic of it here:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/38612152287351679/5CC07F382863338FEDF800AFC8F73ECF8EE13320/

i have no idea what items or things they can be.

if you want i can upload a save :)

omg.. but i think they are the items you already wont/dont need to have in game.. there are such lame items u never touch when play.. so at transfer u see them..

i handled the lame nextgen minigun bug too.. i will send the fix for terror missions..

For make the ufos destroyable.. go for aircraft.xml , find dreadnought and assaultlander and put "1x" in front of their datacores..

haha well i have another xD the wave rifle single fire (not focused) mode dont work, it always says it dont hit (or no line of vision) the target even when at 1/2 tiles from him, burst mode is working very well xD

if you target for example a base reactor it works well. only seems to fail when using agains enemies.

Edited by asierus24

haha well i have another xD the wave rifle single fire (not focused) mode dont work, it always says it dont hit (or no line of vision) the target even when at 1/2 tiles from him, burst mode is working very well xD

if you target for example a base reactor it works well. only seems to fail when using agains enemies.

lol.. yep saw the bug, handled.. and nerfed that deadly auto aim bonus lol :)

Hey Hazel!

Sadly yes.. a restart will needed but many bugs crashed and much more balanced.. i hope.. :) I can't repair/add things without restart.

-With new version you will get much more items to craft more planes/weapons/others.

-Yes there is no tooltips yet, but there is an excel file in the od directory named "weapon-stats". You can check it to see your weapons abilities and compare them with others! I am leaving tooltips to the end after all balancing is over.

-I am learning modding this game still.. i just noticed something about ufopedia popups coding to make them all working 5 min ago.. :)

-That shield/gun visual error will be handled soon,i know its confusing and lame but i give priority to coding for now.. thx to our testers, their making the list of missing parts, we will get rid of them totally..

0.97 will have much more bugfree and i hope real enjoy will start with it.. still it will be always testing period until ver 1.00 :)

Thanks for the reply. Guess I will need to restart then.. at least i know now.

Anyway, one thing I forgot to mention was about the "<ufo-type> equipement" you get in stores after dismantling a retrieved UFO. What are these for? Are they the only thing you get - I'm not sure. (oh and by the way, equipement should be spelled equipment - just a typo I noticed)

Hey,

I'm trying to download this mod but for some reason i'm getting less than 1kb/s download speed on mediafire.

It seems to be isolated to mediafire because I get 'normal' (150-2Mb/s depending on site) download speeds everywhere else.

Can you please upload this mod to another site too?

Thanks,

York.

My respect for harridans rose to new level. Now in middle game they appear in near every medium ufo. Their hit chance from what i have seen oscilates around 90%. So yeah now all my guys have shield to negate their reaction fire from mile away. Good thing they seem to be campers. Hardly move at all, but always fire in aimed mode. Had to design new class just for them 3 shields and shitton of smoke and flash grenades.

You said vehicle weapons will no longer be free.

I remember there was a bug that if you transfer a vehicle from one base to another, but leave the vehicle gun there, it will crash the game the moment you enter the old garage. Free vehicle guns did not have this issue.

Just something to be aware of. It might be fixed in the latest patch of the game, but I don't think so.

So this mod is basicaly XNT + More awesome stuff?

Or was stuff removed, changed, etc. (and new stuff added of course)?

Welcome to forums.

This is not basicly XNT+more.. as i try to say always, if it was only xnt+more it would be XNT 7.0... this is something new and huge mod and got XNT's best parts in it with tons of other things... compare the XNT 6.0s and this topics first page.. please..

So Reactorcore, u advise me let the weapons free.. i can do that but realy why would u transfer a vehicle to somewhere else?