[V9.2 - Ground Combat]Crash accessing soldier inventory

After killing an alien, I send a soldier to its position. Still early in game (researching stuff like plasma pistols or interceptor) but I want to check the remains. When clicking on the backpack to access the inventory screen, the game crashes. It has happened the two times that I have tried: one with a non combatant caesan and with one sebilian (soldier?).

Not sure if my type of soldier matters (one had armour and a shotgun, the other just pistol).

This crash occurred in a previous build when you opened your inventory over an item that had it's ground combat image file missing.

It could be the alien bodies are missing from this build or something from their inventory.

At least it is easy to avoid for now though ;)

I can confirm though that opening your inventory over a Xenonaut corpse works fine.

Thanks to a couple of my troopers for helping me test that, for science.

Edited by Gauddlike

Ah ha fixed it.

The alien plasma cell has no inventory image associated with it.

If you want to fix it open assets/weapons and make a new folder called plasma.

Copy the lasercell.png from assets/weapons/laser into your new folder and rename it plasmacell.png.

Alternatively edit ammos.xml and change the alien.plasmacell entry from weapons/plasma/plasmacell.png to weapons/laser/lasercell.png.

That will stop your crash and allow you to see the aliens you have crushed underfoot.