X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

I'm rather puzzled at the Neutron weapons. The word "Neutron" doesn't seem to be related to any of the tech mentioned in this mod. It's not related to gravitons, electron control, magnets, plasma, blood, or alenium. Can you give me a clue what they are supposed to be?

Neutron-Ion-Pulse these are all laser/electron mix.. they are all alien tech.. you dont need to explain them, i mean "we guess what they like, but dont have time/knowlage to describe them totally" like...

Those are huge supersonic bombers.. they just carry big anti ufo air topedoes versions.. very low manuever, high damage output, expensive..

I will make the hp of the larger ufos much more.. so you will need fire power.. i want to make a difference between missiles and heavy missiles.. I dont like to see fighting with huge ufos with little fighter sized airplanes and 2-4 torpedoes...

I'm going to explain them as "electrons go so fast they seem to slam into protons and create neutrons." It sounds flaky but it's the best I can do.

Everything is welcome.. i create so many weapon tiers, so after a while i couldnt find a name to them.. for example matergy rifles are weapons which turns the energy to material for ballistic damage..

If you know or like another name for a weapon branch, i am open suggestions..

That doesn't quite sound right. It takes so much energy to create material that doing so would be an amazing shield technology.

It's going to be inherently difficult to explain so many tiers. For instance "Ion weapons." Plasma is made out of ions. Is the gun firing so many electrons it ionizes the target and locks it down? There aren't stats on the weapon yet, so it's hard to guess what it does.

Edited by NuclearStudent

I added some extra entries here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibz0ewpf9zbv41d/xenopedia.xml?dl=0

Here are the entries I remember doing. I commented all the ones I changed so you could change them back if you wanted.

Alien grenade done

Advanced alien grenade done

Alien stun grenade done

AlienPlasmaTech

Neutron Grenade

Extreme Flash Nade

Advanced Stun nade

Advanced Alien Plasma

Advanced Smoke

ok so i had the time to sit down and try the 0.92 and here are my thought so far

-alien grenades , i like that they are there but i don't like the fact that aliens throw them so often and the fact that it will 1 shot my soldiers

shields are made pretty pointless , they are grenade magnets , sure you can give them grenade resistent armor but the problem is you would have to do the same for the other soldier standing behind him so its still pointless, even if you would give them both the armor the fact that 1 grenade was used to hurt 2 of your soldiers mean that you cant risk them on the front lines again

difficulty at the start is a problem , you cant fight them head on so you have to brake line of sight which in turn just gets you shot by a different alien ( because of the way the LoS works in this game and the fact that aliens have more sight range)

how i would change grenades , give aliens 1 grenade per type , lets say Sibillian Guard , only have that red fog grenade ,this way you know what to expect and can hopefully develop some countermeasures , and change how likely they are to throw them , the fact that shields are grenade magnets is very boring for me , i like the idea of cover and having the ability to shoot at them instead of braking LoS and flanking every alien

make starting aliens weaker and have the new weapons and grenades slowly added during the period of the whole game ,going to a light scout and having grenades lobed on turn 1 is not what i would call fair

in general ,make the mod difficult but fair , (not sure if the mod actually has difficulties implemented in it , i played on normal )

some wierd things i noticed , % seam to be wrong , point blank pistol shots have like 50% chance to hit , but they hit every time . and the aimed shots(the ones that use more TU) only add like 5% chance to hit , they are preaty pointless on most weapons, sniper is also preaty useless having a really low chance to hit a enemy in no cover

Edited by fall19

Thx for feedback fall..

I see what u try to explain about grenades. So as I see even nerfed grenade damage isn't solve shielded ppl problem and u are right..

Every alien (not non combatants ) got only one grenade but even there is 5 alien it means u will take 5 grenade. And for more variation every enemy got different layouts. With your feedback I will erase some more grenades and make more alien types without grenade. I hope it handles the balance.. the weapons of aliens get better in time.

I can't do anything about percentages but pistols got low accurate and their purpose is for short ranges. At least first pistols. When u got the heavy pistols (every tier got one) and advanced laser pistols (tier 2 3 4 got it ), u will feel the power of pistols. Even low percentage if they hit, it's working as intended.

Continue for feed backs.. thx again!

Can we have grenade launchers? With all these new and scary alien grenades, it would be cool to have some extra range to fight indirectly. I sounds possible to me to have grenades act as ammo. The actual projectile would be an exact copy of the grenade used. To save time, instead of seeing the weapon fire different grenades you would see a modified rocket launcher sprite fire a plume of grey smoke.

This game is not allowing to use items with abilities. You can only add something to armors. So if u want a breather u need to make an armour with chemical resistance.

As grenade launcher , game is acting weird. You can create the weapon but u need to make its class as grenade to make it behave like grenade. But when you create and use it, at first fire it disappear like a grenade.

I will check the entries when I get home

I am surprised no one told you this but you can't assign to aliens shield and a weapon just as you can't have alien carrying sniper rifle and pistol at same time.Adding more weapons or shields in aiprops.xml only gives system pool of variety from which it will "randomly" choose one weapon or shield in your case,per alien.

Sadly this is how game was constructed and only way to change that is through source code.If someone already wrote this,well damn however if not then there you go now you know why this doesn't work.

Edited by Sentelin

I am surprised no one told you this but you can't assign to aliens shield and a weapon just as you can't have alien carrying sniper rifle and pistol at same time.Adding more weapons or shields in aiprops.xml only gives system pool of variety from which it will "randomly" choose one weapon or shield in your case,per alien.

Sadly this is how game was constructed and only way to change that is through source code.If someone already wrote this,well damn however if not then there you go now you know why this doesn't work.

Aliens can carry shields. I give them as SecondaryWeapon.. and its working but "sometimes".. i mean it worked at one handed weapon first, at 2 weaponed weapons they just only use shield.. but when i made every alien weapon 1 handed, then aliens stoped use weapons totally and they carried only shields..

I will make some more tries..

Well that's funny.I never tried to assign shield through <Secondary Weapon> tag because it didn't work with weapons.However it is also even weirder issue you had when you assigned all aliens to carry one-handed weapon.

Its not the first weirdness i saw at this game modding :)

Drages, how do the Alien Blood weapons act in game? There are no stats for the weapons.

I totally forgot to answer this.. Alien blood weapons are alive organism which splits blood like poisonus liquid. it came from sebilians home planet.. blabla :)

@Drages: I Managed to pull this information from the ModMerge Log;

• Regarding Bloodstain image specteres: "There are multiple elements to update: state" + All of the bloodstain specteres failed to modmerge.
  • Regarding Tips: "There are multiple elements to update: Tip" + "Merging XML for gcloading_tips.xml from mod mods/xdivision/ failed."
  • Regarding a UFO Spectere: "Element without MODMERGE has both children and attributes: spectre" + "Merging XML for tiles/UFO/props/console1_spectre.xml from mod mods/xdivision/ failed."
  • Missing strings for the following: 'Researches.AlienMatergyPistol' , 'Researches.AlienMatergyAssault' , 'Researches.AlienMatergyRifle' , 'Researches.AlienBloodRifle' , 'Researches.AlienFlamerRifle' , 'Researches.SebillianClass1Desc' , 'Researches.AlienMatergyPistolDesc'
Edited by Man of Doge