[X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] XENOPHOBIA- An addon mod for XNT

Its a bug with CE 0.25HF, Try using the EXE included with XNT 5.31, that might fix it. Otherwise, you can try CE 0.26. I dont change the base files in v1.2.0, so its gotta be the EXE.

okay thanks dude. also would updating CE not put yours and XNT outta whack?

also Slayerjerman, just noticed that coyote armour is well sexist :P all females with coyote have no face. i havent a clue whos armour is it, is that yours or XNT?

oh and eggs are waaaaay over-powered insta soldiers easy. they are not dead though, incapacitated. if you got research you just use medkit i believe to revive them.

i also like it this way, its a challenge that way.... i use shotguns at close range in ships..... otherwise grenade and long-range fire. never used flamers but im sure thats just as good as shotguns for in the ship.

never used flamers but im sure thats just as good as shotguns for in the ship.

Flamers are really powerful and much more reliable than shotguns. They launch a burst of 15 shots with a small AoE blast and have comparable range to a shotgun, making them awesome weapons. Only downside is they're really damn heavy. I highly recommend trying them.

Flamers are really powerful and much more reliable than shotguns. They launch a burst of 15 shots with a small AoE blast and have comparable range to a shotgun, making them awesome weapons. Only downside is they're really damn heavy. I highly recommend trying them.

how heavy? as in heavy-weapon heavy. need people with sick str stat.. 70+

okay thanks dude. also would updating CE not put yours and XNT outta whack?

also Slayerjerman, just noticed that coyote armour is well sexist :P all females with coyote have no face. i havent a clue whos armour is it, is that yours or XNT?

XNT bug. They never added female faces for the Coyote armor. Maybe I should go and just do a quick fix in my next update.

If you use CE 026 RC2 - you will have the latest EXE, but I'm certain it could cause other odd and unknown bugs. Use at your own risk as always. Just make a back up of any EXE before you do this, just to be safe.

XNT bug. They never added female faces for the Coyote armor. Maybe I should go and just do a quick fix in my next update.

If you use CE 026 RC2 - you will have the latest EXE, but I'm certain it could cause other odd and unknown bugs. Use at your own risk as always. Just make a back up of any EXE before you do this, just to be safe.

sorted, i just installed the hotfix 2. i know you posted it wasn't necessary. but i installed it and had an exe file in it. now the female faces work with coyote armour.

scratch that, it works with afew. about 1/3 of females face work with the coyote armour. :D

Edited by silent_lord
did some checking/testing

I was playing the mod (couldn't wait for the update to come out lol) and I just unlocked the M79 grenade launcher, among other weapons from the same pack, and noticed they have really crazy prices.

Seriously, a single M79 cost this:

35000 $ and 115 DAYS

For comparison, the normal ballistic rifle:

2500 $ and 2 DAYS

For those who don't know, this is an M79:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/10/foghorn/gun-review-m79-grenade-launcher/

Thats a pretty cheap and simple weapon if you just look at the thing how its built and from what. Those prices ingame are insane.

Meanwhile, looking at the stats of the advanced ballistic weapons in the files, it makes no sense to even bother with those at all. Ridiculously expensive, but not really any more effective than the basic gear.

Also, the descriptions on weapons and other soldier items are missing.

I was playing the mod (couldn't wait for the update to come out lol) and I just unlocked the M79 grenade launcher, among other weapons from the same pack, and noticed they have really crazy prices.

Seriously, a single M79 cost this:

35000 $ and 115 DAYS

For comparison, the normal ballistic rifle:

2500 $ and 2 DAYS

For those who don't know, this is an M79:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/10/foghorn/gun-review-m79-grenade-launcher/

Thats a pretty cheap and simple weapon if you just look at the thing how its built and from what. Those prices ingame are insane.

Meanwhile, looking at the stats of the advanced ballistic weapons in the files, it makes no sense to even bother with those at all. Ridiculously expensive, but not really any more effective than the basic gear.

Also, the descriptions on weapons and other soldier items are missing.

1. Change it yourself if you think its not "fair". Its a just a video game mate, not real guns.

2. Those are the prices set by Asymmetrical Weapons Mod v4. I did not change those prices when I merged the mod. Blame them.

3. Again, I am not going to write 90 new descriptions for weapons/content that are always changing. This is the 4th and last time I am saying this. The mod is already a huge time sink for me and I simply dont have the time. If you want to volunteer to write 90 item descriptions and all the status and story fluff, be my guest. I would certainly love the help.

I use this method to get around the air-superiority crash:

1. Wait for the buggy spawn.

2. Delete the AMairsuperiority xml file.

3. Load the save, spawn magically disappears.

4. Put a backup of the AMairsuperiorty xml file in.

The game will crash without the AMairsuperiorty file when it makes a new spawn, so u gotta put it back after doing the magic.

Alright, fair enough.

Just a bunch of balance and bug fixes.

* Fixed issue with Ultra Medi Pack crashing the GS equip screen.

* Tuned aircraft weapon prices and build times

* Adjusted manufacturing costs and research unlocks.

* Fixed M79 / sawnoff build time and costs :rolleyes:

Do I need to start a new game if I apply this update?

I don't how the system fully works, so I've been cautiously thinking that updating the files mid-game will break my save files. I hope I'm wrong.

:cool: Been busy! :cool:

Fixes!

FIXED all aircraft from not being able to change out weapons!!!!!

Fixed UFO aircraft weapons from not unlocking from research properly

Fixed missing faces with Coyote Armor from XNT.

Fixed volt bat from not playing proper animations when equipped in combat.

Changed Foxtrot to allow 4 weapon hardpoints instead of 3 (2 missile / 2 torp)

Adjusted all aircraft weapon hardpoint locations to make them easier to equip weapons

ALTERED and balanced some aircraft to allow better diversity in equipment for cannons, missiles and heavy torpedoes.

Alright, fair enough.

Do I need to start a new game if I apply this update?

I don't how the system fully works, so I've been cautiously thinking that updating the files mid-game will break my save files. I hope I'm wrong.

I update game files during saves all the time, its fine to do so. However, With the research changes, they are best to use with a fresh game. Also use v1.2.2 - I've just fixed another ton of crap.

Again with "fixed" you didn't fixed you just "changed" and people will disagree with you.It wasn't lame it has it's purpose and depth but again thats up to you whatever or not you want to understand that.

Each plane has it's own unique role and weapons that can use.Theon intention was to limit weapons that certain plane can use it instead of making all weapons available to all planes.Later when you research additional missiles you get to choose different layouts and it depends on plane which one you can use but until then you have to play with what you are provided (and that's something widely accepted by XNT:ID players)

Edited by Sentelin

As of today, I received a request from a member of the XNT team to discontinue using their files. I will comply with their request only in the capacity that I will not package their original artwork or audio files within Xenophobia starting with v1.2.3 and above.

All XML data will still be provided by Xenophobia for purpose as a compatibility PATCH. Furthermore, any XML data will be altered and differ from that of XNT. For Xenophobia to function, XNT data will still be required, however it is up to the PLAYER to overwrite their own files after installing XNT. Again, Xenophobia will NOT contain any assets from XNT.

TLDR;

XNT team doesn't want to be friendly anymore, but Xenophobia will continue onward and still require XNT installed first this mod to work as a "patch". Pretty much nothing has changed except that now I can't include XNT files and the XML data is for patching purposes. Thanks for nothing.

Very smart,

I'm not referring to this.

your using the mod without permission, making modifications and appropriation of work of OTHER person.

XNT Mod is protected by the license CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

Xenophobia mod need to work independent to XNT.

The next time you want to use Mod files for other users "ASK FOR PERMISSION".

:cool: Been busy! :cool:

Fixes!

FIXED all aircraft from not being able to change out weapons!!!!!

Fixed UFO aircraft weapons from not unlocking from research properly

Fixed missing faces with Coyote Armor from XNT.

Fixed volt bat from not playing proper animations when equipped in combat.

Changed Foxtrot to allow 4 weapon hardpoints instead of 3 (2 missile / 2 torp)

Adjusted all aircraft weapon hardpoint locations to make them easier to equip weapons

ALTERED and balanced some aircraft to allow better diversity in equipment for cannons, missiles and heavy torpedoes.

Woo! :D

And you also uploaded the unlimited aircraft patch too. Thanks!

Very smart,

I'm not referring to this.

your using the mod without permission, making modifications and appropriation of work of OTHER person.

....And your using Xenonauts base game + CE files for XNT to work and all THEIR hard work. Get over yourself and stop posting this crap in my threads otherwise I will have to start reporting you for harassment. I also don't come and troll your threads, so please stop. If you have issues to discuss, PM me...

Edited by Slayerjerman

....And your using Xenonauts base game + CE files for XNT to work and all THEIR hard work. Get over yourself and stop posting this crap in my threads otherwise I will have to start reporting you for harassment. I also don't come and troll your threads, so please stop. If you have issues to discuss, PM me...

Is not harrassment protect work of lot of people.

Your begin making "offensive" posts.

I repeat, we'r closing XNT development and you DONT ASK FOR PERMISSION.

Make you mod usable over vanilla, not XNT.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

Unless i am mistaken, which i believe i am not, and my english is not that bad either, Slayerjerman does not have to ask you for permission, and, he did comply with the license terms very well.

Second. Whether you like it or not, i have not found any misuse of XNT mod in here, as the first page clearly states that this is a mod compilation for the use of anyone who wishes to, does provide credit to the original authors and does list all the mods being used in it.

Third. No, i don't use xenophobia compilation, nor the XNT. I have compiled my own mod pack for my private use.

Fourth. I myself am working in FOS (free open source) environment and deal with repackaging and rebuilding works of other people, and from my personal experience and those posts in this thread, you, TacticalDragon, is the one who is offensive and restrictive. Prove me wrong please.

Note to Slayerjerman, please provide info that due to the fact, this compilation/mod is dependant on the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 protected data files, this compilation is licensed under the same terms. And as far as the license is concerned, you may redistribute original XNT files if you follow the terms to the letter.

P.S. I apologize to all and anyone finding this post off topic. And will restraint from further posting regarding this issue in this or any other threads.

Edited by deghost

I've been playing the mod for a while for the last two days and as the update came out, I decided to go tweak some values after the whole M79 manufacturing price and duration thing. While looking at them, I noticed most new, non-XNT weapons, are really underpowered, overly expensive or otherwise inferior to the standard vanilla content.

Mainly the advanced ballistics, the advanced corporation weapons (Metalstrom, LasTek...) and all the melee weapons.

I know this has already been mentioned a thousand times and so on, but the point is that these items are too expensive/inferior that they're literally not worth manufacturing or using. Its not about realism either, its just these items are so unbalanced, that as a player, you'll never end up using them in the entire game, defeating the whole purpose of them existing in the game in the first place.

I'm doing some personal tweaks to the list that I'll be using myself in my playthrough, so I could upload that once I'm done, so that the items would be atleast worth using and manufacturing.