Seek base order for interceptors

- Interceptors will now detect alien bases as soon as the base enters radar range of the craft.

This inspires me for an idea for Seek region order for aircraft. Obviously it would take a long time to cover the earth surface with a flight with 150km radar. If automated? That would add an interresting game component i guess. Player would have a feeling that he is doing one's utmost.

Seek mission should become available after first alien bases discovered or smth.

Whatcha mean? Some kind of auto-scout like in GalCiv?

That's not easy to do because in GalCiv, the scout knows where it needs to go. The places where the FoW is still present...

On a world map you'd need some kind of scouting heat map, where it is recorded how old the scan on any given segments of the map is.

Then all interceptor could prioritise and always fly to the areas most in need of a re-scan.

Yeah exactly like GalCiv ;)

What you propose is ideal. Really thinkfull behavoir or pseudothinkfull. Why it flew 1000 kms and made a zig-zag? That would look really like it relies on some data-analysis.

Also i like your idea of heatmap that is like a graphs in xcom representing some data.

Radar cover map, Aircover map.

P.S.: I would like to have goverment radar heat aswell not only the circle of xenonauts base

Edited by KOKON

The player can still do it more efficiently than an automated function but not every player gets a kick out of doing boring and mindless chores like "click on the red square".

So when there's a lull and you have an interceptor sitting around, you'd order it to "go, update our sensor data".

That's still a manual action. It's just not as much of a chore.

The difference is that by manually sending the interceptor out you need to have a rough idea where to send it.

If you have noticed a lot of supply ships in an area then you may want to send an interceptor over to that area to patrol and look for signs of activity.

That seems like a much more interesting way to do it than clicking an auto search button.

I would say it adds some for show activity. We try to hunt aliens down but the situation is getting worce. Xenonauts may add to their UN report that they have scanned 200 000 sq kilometers but humanity is loosing the war. We have not spoted many aliens over Australia but we scanned it to get more funds from their goverment :P.

Edited by KOKON