Revealing map in alien base

Shouldn't raiding alien base command room reveal the map? I just killed everybody and had all my team inside the command room but the map wasn't revealed. Am I not getting something or is the system bugged?

At least the leader was outside the room if that makes any difference.

Shouldn't raiding alien base command room reveal the map? I just killed everybody and had all my team inside the command room but the map wasn't revealed. Am I not getting something or is the system bugged?

At least the leader was outside the room if that makes any difference.

It should be working, yes. Last I knew, there was still a bug that meant that the base reveal would happen if there were no aliens in the command room regardless of whether you had any soldiers in there. But so far as I know nothing was changed to fix that. (I'd suggested that if it wasn't going to get fixed that it got removed, but I never saw this in any of the change-logs).

Does either one of you know what exactly the "map reveal" is supposed to do? Last time I took a base it revealed the map, but didn't reveal where the remaining aliens were on the map, so it was really fairly worthless as time saving feature. Does it work like that on terror maps?

On terror maps it gives you full vision as well, which makes it actually useful for finding the remaining aliens. I'd assume that was supposed to be the case for the base missions but isn't, for whatever reason.
They really ought to fix that one. Or maybe Solver can take a peek at it.

Base reveal is pretty broken, I had an Andron base today. 2 or 3 turns in shot a small drone and got complete base reveal. I'd only advanced to first corridor from deploy.

What's more, the reveal, while it doesn't reveal unknown enemies, once they have been detected, if they move out of view you can click the little yellow alien icons on the right and it will move to where they are, though you can't actually see them in fog.

Base reveal is pretty broken, I had an Andron base today. 2 or 3 turns in shot a small drone and got complete base reveal. I'd only advanced to first corridor from deploy.

What's more, the reveal, while it doesn't reveal unknown enemies, once they have been detected, if they move out of view you can click the little yellow alien icons on the right and it will move to where they are, though you can't actually see them in fog.

That's interesting. That's what it was doing before. So why isn't it working for Skitso?

Two thoughts:

1) Skitso, I presume you hadn't explored the whole base when you captured the command room (otherwise it wouldn't do anything)

2) Perhaps it works by checking whether there are any units (play or non-player) in the command room and if there are *none* then it does the base reveal. This would mean that if you have units in the command room when you finish off all the aliens in there, it wouldn't call the reveal, but would explain why aliens moving out of the command room would cause it (as there'd be no units at all in the room).