Machine guns do not fire! /sadface

First of all, I apologize if there's an answer to this somewhere, but I looked, and didn't see it.

I was super excited to see machine guns in the game, and quickly equipped one of my soldiers to use it for the next mission. However, when I click to fire at the alien with the machine gun, nothing happens. Not only does the gun not shoot, but it actually causes the machine gun-equipped soldier to freeze, and I am unable to get him to do anything for the rest of the mission. This is a total bummer, of course. So, is there anyway to fix it? Thank you!

I am having the same problem, no crouching involved. Just landed at crash site and first thing I tried to do was shoot a wall with a machinegunner. His AP was used up but nothing happened, and all my other soldiers including the machine gunner were locked in place, they could only turn in place.

I have encountered this bug as well. It was while equipped with jackal armor. soldier froze and used ap when crouched. only used ap while standing, but in neither case actually fired. I can't remember if ammo was consumed or not...

I meant to try the MG without armor on but didn't get around to it

Ok. I finally got my machine gunners to fire and work normally (That 5-shot burst is SAH-WEET!). For me, it appears to be tied to what armor they are wearing. If they are wearing Jackal armor, they work fine. If they are wearing basic armor, they freeze up when I try to fire, or they are frozen from the start. It appears to be the same case for shotguns as well.

• 2 weeks later...