I ran out of research!

Hey, everyone. First of all, I'm a huge Xcom fan, and so, obviously, I really like this game too! Anyway, I have a question about research. I finished research on Power Sources, Alloys, Alloy Fabrication, Alenium, and Plasma Pistols, but there's nothing left to research! What the heck? Is there any other research to do, or is that all that is in the game so far? If there's more, how do I access it? Thank you in advance, and great job on the game so far, guys! I can't wait to see how good the finished product will be!

Thx for the response, NoI, but I can not seem to find any helpful info on this problem. I looked in the bug report forum, but perhaps I missed it. Will u or someone else post the link to the correct thread please? Thank you!

There is currently a research breaking bug in this alpha build. It is connected to loading and saveing.

The official workaround is to not save or load while any research is in progress. but the problem might still occur despie that according to some reports.

You are supposed to be able to research laser weapons and wolf armor at the most in this alpha.

yes. the aliens only drop plamsa weapons which you can not make. (you will be able to pick the dropped weapons from the battlescape but only to use them in that battlescape with an accuracy penalty. although i would avoid it since it might be buggy atm). Laser weapons is pure earth tech.

Cool. FWIW, I played that campaign a little bit more, and went on a large UFO crash mission, which DID end up giving me "UFO Navigation" as a research option, but after I researched it, I was left with no other options again. =( So, I have since started my campaign over again, and I'm gonna try not to save/load at all this time! =P

Yup this bug will be fixed in the next update, which isn't far away now.

W00t! I haven't managed to see the Wolf armour or laser weapons because of this bug and my limited gaming time, so this will be cool when it comes through.