Three minor suggestions

1. When you path through a closed door the AP prediction does not include the cost of opening the door. It would be nice if it did.

2. If you have a reserved shot you should not be allowed to turn if turning would leave you unable to fire said shot.

3. Would it be possible for the amount of AP a gun uses to be displayed on the gun icon?

1) Can you report this as a bug? It shouldn't be happening.

2) This one is pretty tricky. How should the game know whether you're intentionally trying to turn or not?

3) The updated UI coming in the next update should contain much more info on AP costs on the reserve slider, so you can read them from that soon!

Number 2 is in reference to when I right click and end up with too few AP to fire. I've noticed that it doesn't usually allow me to...I'll have to double check, but it did allow my shotgun to turn after a right click when the cost for turning put him below the AP needed for firing. I'd figured the use of right click to turn would make this one pretty easy to track, but perhaps not. Given that I can't repeatedly turn people with reserved shots this may be already taken care of and the time it happened was an isolated glitch. I'll run some tests and double check.

Okay so I did some tests and figured it out (and why you said it was tricky) I think the problem on my end was stemming from the AP values for shooting at my allies was low enough after a turn that it thought I'd still have AP to shoot (Though the enemies may be farther away) It would be nice if the reserved shots didn't count friendlies as possible targets, but i can see why you'd leave that in.

The other problem I was having with it deals with the fact that the edge of that map may be shot at. The edge of the map being a valid target seems a little odd to me and appears to be what had caused my initial problem. (Had an alien hidden in a corner of the map and was positioning a soldier so that he watched the entrance of the alley the alien was in. When I tried to adjust his angle by turning him a little, he no longer had the AP to fire at the alien if it moved towards him.) Shooting at the edge of battlescape would have been close enough for a shot after the turn so the turn was allowed, but...I can't imagine ever wanting to do that.

It has just occurred to me that perhaps the battlescape edge has an accuracy value so that anyone setting up reaction fire knows they will be able to shoot to the edge of the map. After further testing it seems to be until the edge of view range, though this includes the edge of map. The problem then being that if a Xenonaut is near the edge of the map he will be able to turn when turning will allow him to hit nothing but empty space.

(Imagine a squaddie in an alley where one wall is the edge of the map and the other is a building. If he tries to do a complete turnaround he will be able to finish most of it...but only because the game believes he has a shot he is able to take...at the edge of map next to him. If he finishes his turn but no longer has enough AP to shoot to the end of the alleyway then he's out of luck when an alien steps up and tries to shoot him from there.)

TLDR: I make mistakes when turning if I have AP reserved.

Way to possibly help me with this: if you make turning require confirmation (Double right click) the first right click could display somewhere the amount of AP needed to turn in that direction. Then I could decide whether or not I had enough AP for the turn.

Sorry it's a little confusing. It's not about the direct AP cost comparison, it's about a turn+AP cost. I have a habit of turning my soldiers sometimes in order to reveal a little more of the map. Most of the above paragraphs are me trying things until I actually figure out that AP costs for turning towards the target are part of the AP listed when I hover my cursor.

I was getting confused because I would have my guy turn to check something, but when I checked the AP needed to shoot the enemy I had been originally looking at, the AP cost was higher. I didn't immediately realize that it was higher though, I had just noticed that sometimes when I hovered over an enemy the AP required to shoot was higher than my reserve.

I thought it was summed up pretty succinctly in the TLDR, though perhaps I should have said "I make STUPID mistakes when turning if I have AP reserved." and saved you the trouble of wondering about it. ;)

Truthfully I probably should have just not posted that at all (As it was mainly a stream of consciousness...but it was helping me figure things out so I just kept writing.) and put up a new suggestion asking for an option to make turns require a confirmation click and a display of their AP cost. I'm sure the post wasn't very helpful to anyone else, but it sure helped ME figure out I was being stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

Another three minor(i'm not sure about "suggestion", more like -)ideas.

Something like "critical panic" and "critical flee"

After first sucessful "panic" every next "panic" have 10% chanse of "suicide" instead. Soldier is die.

After first sucsess "flee" every next "flee" have 10% chance of "desertion" instead. Soldier become civilian AI and you totaly lost control of him.

When any battlefield unit have less of 25%(50? 30?) of health - every next health losing is penalty to stat. Maybe TUs. For less discret state

I do not know how much it will be fun to play with it. Just thought.

I hope my english is understandable.

Personally I think zzz's suggestions are bad. I can't imagine them beeing fun at all. Only way I would see those beeing viable is if you removed permadeath to compensate... which makes the whole thing pointless imo.

(btw i dont think there is any "flee" status. it was berserk and panic in regular X-com)

i dont think there is any "flee" status.

At least it was

Panic - Panic causes a soldier to lose all APs for the turn. The chance of a soldier panicking is 2% for each point of morale below 50 the soldier has, capped at 50%.

Flee - Fleeing causes the soldier to drop his weapon and flee towards the dropship. The chance of a soldier fleeing is 2% for each point of morale below 25, again capped at 50%.

One minor suggestion(i'm realy don't like create threads)

TU reserve override - for me, personaly, colorcoding of path is enough but if there some reason to lock reserved TUs, maybe add keystoroke (shift+click?) to be able spend reserved TUs without moving "reserve slider" ?

How about add to intercept combat ability to speed up\slow down time? x0.5/x1/x2 increment hotkeys or buttons. Im not sure about slowdown, maybe it's in some part reaction task(?) by design but sometimes i want to speed up when i just wait.

How about substract "Weapon armour mitigation" from "Stopping chance" for "spectres"?

I mean Stopping chance = spectre.Stopping chance - weapon.armour mitigation [*(maybe some value )]

If you understand what i mean.