Weapon Research Bug? (possible spoilers)

How do you research mag weapons?

I have run out of things to research. I looked it up online and got mixed answer so I am not sure what i am missing.

I currently have the following:

Alien Battle Rifle

Alien Plasma Pistol

Alien Plasma Rifle

Alien Heavy Plasma

Alien Precision Plasma

Alien Plasma Cannon

Alien Plasma Tech

I read online that you need to research an alien assault plasma, but I have never seen one. I am wondering if it exists. As in maybe it was removed after release. Or maybe it was supposed to trigger already and has bugged out.

Thanks for the help.

The alien assault plasma does exist. I can't say for certain which alien type tend to use it but I assume it is often used by Sebillian. Can't also say in which missions you can find them, the fact that it is apparently hard to get them might be an indicator that you might have to assault a carrier or battelship though.

Been a while since I researched mag weapons, sorry for not being all that helpful.

Looks like they are only carried by Androns and Sebilians of the SoldierSupport and GuardSupport classes. aiprops.xml also shows entries for various tiers of Assault type Sebs, however those aren't listed anywhere in the UFO Contents folder. It appears the last ship you can find it on is a Landing Ship.