AfterImpact spectre

aajs

I was getting a lot done today, when I got a list distracted making my tranquilliser guns.

I am happy that I have finally got my Tranquilliser dart projectile animation looking nice.

However I kind of wanted to see the little dart sticking out of the floor or wall if you missed.

I have been playing with the AfterImpact spectre but cant get it to show anything.

Has any body got this working?

Or can anyone mock one up and post it.

I dont need anything complex, I dont really care about the angle of the dart, I just want a dart sticking straight up if you miss.

<AfterImpact spectre="particles/tranq/tranq" />

Okay I was perhaps being a little dumb trying to use the afterimpact spectre. Now I am just using this:

<Impact spectre="particles/tranq/tranq"/>

The impact spectre I am using shows the same dart frame on a loop so it effectively stays where it hit and looks good.

The only thing is when a solder walks in front past it the dart appears on top of him rather than behind him.

I am sure I read a thread about this a while back, however no amount of searching seems to find it.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue.

Maybe setting the sortpoint to a low number would help?

You could also try looking at the damaged tile spectres and see how they are set up.

When a bullet hits the ground the tile gets a damage overlay that sits on top of the ground tile but is under units so you might be able to copy from those.

Thanks for the pointers, I have tried copying some tiles and modifying them but am not doing very well.

I am not sure if I am just tired after working all day or really dumb.

Unfortunately I suspect the later.

Could anybody post an example of the .xml to create a tile overlay effect with just one simple frame that does not change.

I want top replace the impact spectre with it.