Harridans behaving like suicide troops.

Just started playing the my first landing ship mission of the new version (V22-E3) and I am finding the harridans are acting as suicide grenade troops.

Its nice to see the AI using grenades and different tactics but it seems a little difficult on normal with 3 armoured sebs and 2 harridans assaulting the Charlie in the first 3 turns.

Is it just me or are others seeing this in the current AI?

I had a look and the landing ship should have passive AI for the harridans, I will have a play and see if the other AI settings give a different result tonight when I get home, they just seem very aggressive and have little self preservation.

If they were not behaving like a zerg rush or with a luckier drop ship location then it would turn into a shooting gallery as they rush forth.

Could this just be an unlucky RNG/dropship spawn?

Harridans and the supporting Androns act at least in my game reasonable smart (useing 22.3).

But you should see the Wraith :D. All they do is teleporting next to you troops and end their turn politely so that you can gun them down.

Awesome, I will feed back how it plays later tonight.

FWIW, ground combat in V22E3 has been playing well up to now, experienced player playing normal mode and I have had several wounds and some wounded but no KIAs which I feel is about right. An experienced player should be able to keep his guys alive up to a corvette with some care and attention.

I am sure on veteran I would not be so lucky but normal should be, well, normal.