Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning?

Turning?

Hello All, I'm new to the forums and game (just pre-ordered today) and I can't seem to figure out how to turn my units. I'm probably just missing something really obvious here.

Also one other question I just thought of that I'm going to sneak into this topic. How can you tell what building has been designated as the current UFO?

Thanks guys

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by ApathyTrigger View Post
    Hello All, I'm new to the forums and game (just pre-ordered today) and I can't seem to figure out how to turn my units. I'm probably just missing something really obvious here.
    Right-clicking anywhere on the battlescape will rotate the selected unit to face the mouse pointer.

Also one other question I just thought of that I'm going to sneak into this topic. How can you tell what building has been designated as the current UFO?
    Build V7.5.1 was released with only one map, and the designated UFO is the Evil Alien Barn (happy now, Sathra?) in the far left corner. It should be easy to spot - sticks out like a sore thumb, really.
    Last edited by iamkyon; 11-13-2011 at 00:54. Reason: Amended for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by iamkyon View Post
    and the designated UFO is the Evil Alien Barn (happy now, Sathra?) in the far left corner.
    No, because its a Shed. It was a Barn in the previous alpha map.

But yes, its really obvious (mostly because its surrounded by bare concrete and you get shot at from it alot).
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathra View Post
    No, because its a Shed. It was a Barn in the previous alpha map.
    Ouch! I really need to brush up on my nomenclature.

Aussie nomenclature: If its made of tin/corrugated metal, and you can't fit a semi-trailer in it, its a shed.
    This can include people's houses if they fit the requirements.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.

Ah, but sheds can also be made of wood. And if people live in it, does it not move to being a shack, rather than a shed?
    [Lurk]

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than open it and remove all doubt.
    Wait, I've just spoken...

True, but shed is mostly limited to the metal ones. Mostly due to the lack of wooden ones. Termites and yearly heavy rain I assume.

Awards:
    Master Tagger
    One thing's for certain, though: it ain't no Love Shack!

This thread has taught me a new word ("corrugated") and brought my preparedness to face the potato crisp aisle/alien architecture/Ivan Drago/native speakers of English up a notch.

I hope that ApathyTrigger's question was also satisfied somewhere along the way.
    Last edited by iamkyon; 11-14-2011 at 15:25.

I'm guessing ApathyTrigger, that you never played UFO or TFTD? That's awesome. The game is reaching new players, not just the veterans of the franchise. There is hope, that the future of gaming won't just be Call of Duty <insert number> <insert subtitle> <insert another number>!

Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by hosser View Post
    I'm guessing ApathyTrigger, that you never played UFO or TFTD? That's awesome. The game is reaching new players, not just the veterans of the franchise. There is hope, that the future of gaming won't just be Call of Duty <insert number> <insert subtitle> <insert another number>!
    The thought of someone unversed in Xenonauts' heritage stepping aboard made me smile, too. I believe creating a game that appeals to turn-based strategy connoisseurs and newcomers alike has been on Goldhawk Interactive's agenda all along.