Once more into the Shields!

Hey,

After a brief pause, I started playing Xenonauts again. I was very much involved in the past in trying to break shields to make sure they got nerfed (because 3x shields per soldier was OP yo!), but I've noticed something in one of the updates in between then and now.

If a shot goes through my full-health shield, there's a pretty good chance it will deal full damage to the soldier behind it. Not always, but sometimes (and yes, it is hitting the shield, and yes, the shield is Not reducing the damage... unless early game aliens can suddenly deal 160+ damage in one shot. Last I checked, about a 100 was the usual amount).

So, what's the deal with that?

Also: More noclip shots ftw. Shots seem to ignore barriers that are transparent. Sometimes.

Shields only have a 100% stopping chance from the front; they don't stop 100% of the shots from the side. So is the shot applying damage to the shield and reducing its HP?

And yeah, I've noticed some shots going through hidden props too. Just happened to me on a mission.