The impressions upon lifecycle of tanks

I used a bit tanks thourough my gameplay, from relying solely on them to not using them at all, and here are my impressions:

1-From early till middle early game tanks rocks, they can take a few hits, have great area of effect firepower.

2-From middle middle game till late game when you discover hyperion the scimitar starts to loose a lot of its usefulness: as aliens become armed with more and more powerful weapons, it becomes to fragile with its 45 armor, you will start loosing them or use them with extreme caution.

3-Upon discovery of hyperion, they start again to rock: with 90 armor, hyperion is the only thing able to take at least 1 maybe more blaster/grenade hits and live (i had 3 instances when it got hit by balster laumchers, all survived, once even without dmg), and as alwys is immune to reapers.Its really good.

4- Finally brigning a tank doesnt replace shield scouts, as you got only 1 tank and there are plenty of places a tank cant reach. But certianly you might bring 1-2 less of those.

I think the Armoured Scout Vehicle is pretty well portrayed in this game. it isn`t overpowered, yet is extremely useful early game. It`s wipe the floor of the Alien if it gets in the shot, especially those pesky ones that might otherwise kill half your men. Yet, it goes down fast if you throw it right into the fray where the Aliens can all get a clear shot.

And like you said it`s limitation in smaller spaces still means that your men have to eventually do the dirty work.

I would say it`s perhaps a little too vulnerable to exploding cars and gas tanks. That kind of explosion should not really wipe out those vehicles.

Scout tanks are priceless in early game.

Edited by Seafireliv

Despite having anti-grav thingy Hyperion still does not get over most props.

And, for the love of Christ, make walls and lanterns break-able by tanks!

I was a little disappointed that the Hyperion was not a flying tank, as I'd assumed from the description. I wonder if flying tanks can be modded in...

With only 12 shots available per mission with sth like 20 aliens using bullets/rockets on lanterns is a bit of waste of ammo...

Yea it seems small , but i actually never run out of ammo . Maybe its the way i use the tank, its only to locate targets or blow cover, rest is taken care by snipers from the back.So 12 shots to blow cover or obstacles is enough for me. For sure you cant just reckleslly blow everything, you got to look for that 1-2 objects blocking your path.