Magnum-nauts

Amazing... Do you think you could make the USM9A1-7 flamethrower separate from this as its own mini-mod? Something like this was originally meant to be in the vanilla version of the game.

The images and sprites for it are all in vanilla still, just waiting to be activated - I'm pretty sure someone will do it soon. I'll post the code for it when I've cleaned it up a bit.

Right then, here's the version I've settled on:

[video=vimeo;99361040]

The burst timing seems better here, and there's enough fire left over after the blast.

The weapons are going into the heavy explosives category, to keep the rpg-7 company. The progression will go: rpg-7, m9a1-7, handflammpatrone (disposable incendiary rocket), and finally, the Einstossflammenwerfer 46 - a one-shot flamethrower. The last two fit in the backpack, so there's fun for all the family. Here's the Einstoss:

U0OHRL3.png

It's trigger looks like a tongue. It fires from its left end, which looks the wrong way round.

Holy shit, that's amazing. Verbatim, those word just came out of my mouth.

Yeah. But they get better...

Removing the impact spectre makes them look even cooler. This'll be a double post, as we're limited to one video per post. First one is standard flames, without impact spectre:

[video=vimeo;99426718]

And second is the standard explosion animation sequence (but with orange instead of yellow flames), without an impact spectre. This is my favourite - the smoke makes it look realistic.

[video=vimeo;99451217]

That's probably the worst angle to view it from. From the side, it looks like the smoke and flames are licking the aliens, due to the lack of impact spectre. They get all twitchy.

So, playing around with animated projectiles, and it looks far better than the previous ones:

[video=vimeo;99404924]

The fire/projectile is maybe a bit big (it's using the default size), I might make it smaller. But it definitely looks better.

I love this kind of projectile xD

Is more suited and wonderfull!

so... any chance for it this evening?

I have a day off tomorrow so I can play :D

There's a small chance...I'm just doing a last checkthrough, and have a couple of issues to resolve. Nothing major, just sprites for buzzard and sentinel (won't take long to do). Apart from that, it's almost done.

• 4 weeks later...
Figured I'd post in here so I don't keep bumping the finished thread. Sorry for being that guy, but any updates on the release date? I've been holding off on a new play through for your next release :)

Don't worry about it, I double post in there quite often. It's finished, just needs packing up and a final check. I'd say they'll be a new link up for it by this time tomorrow (I could have done it by tonight, but I'm shattered, and wouldn't want to miss any bits out).

• 4 months later...