Trouble with Xenonauts booting up troubleshooting!

Chris

There's a few people who sometimes have issues getting Xenonauts running. I'd like to put together a list of all the things that people can try to try and get the game working (and if not, we'll give them a refund).

That way, Matthew can just copy-paste the list into relevant threads and we can give the best possible customer service. Any experiences from the community would be appreciated as neither of us have ever had trouble with it working!

From what I understand, potential flashpoints are Desura itself (so you can access Xenonauts.exe directly as a workaround) and the stupid windowed mode where you have to select a resolution that is smaller than BOTH the height and width of your current desktop resolution for it to work.

name: what is your native resolution? mentioning the res you have to use without mentioning why, how big your desktop resolution or which you would normally use feels like incomplete information.

Were you getting this glitching problem on other windowed resolutions or were you getting it in fullscreen?

"Go to Desura", do you mean the homepage, the desura folder on your harddrive or the desura launcher client?

name: what is your native resolution? mentioning the res you have to use without mentioning why, how big your desktop resolution or which you would normally use feels like incomplete information.

Were you getting this glitching problem on other windowed resolutions or were you getting it in fullscreen?

"Go to Desura", do you mean the homepage, the desura folder on your harddrive or the desura launcher client?

Frankly I am not sure how to figure that out. But yeah I have always felt bad about my lack of information.

I mean the desura home page

EDIT: and if i knew why I would have attempted to fix the problem............ I am not thickheaded

Edited by Name
snark remark

ok "why" was the wrong question. sorry about that. I didn't mean it as in why the problem arises if you don't, it was more "because I get these problems if I don't" kind of thing. But you already answered that :)

(except if you were using fullscreen or other resolution windowed mode when you got the other problem)

I think the best way to figure out the desktop resolution you are using is rightclicking the desktop and going to either resolution or screen or properties (depending on what OS you are using).

It should also be in the control panel under the screen options.

Edited by Gorlom

1 find out what operating system you are using. if you don't know, ask someone that can find out IRL

2 google / ask them how to find your screen resolution for that operating system

etc. Even if you don't know how to do something (and we all don't know how to do many things! too many things in the world) a little bit of research can get you a long way.

ok "why" was the wrong question. sorry about that. I didn't mean it as in why the problem arises if you don't, it was more "because I get these problems if I don't" kind of thing. But you already answered that :)

(except if you were using fullscreen or other resolution windowed mode when you got the other problem)

I think the best way to figure out the desktop resolution you are using is rightclicking the desktop and going to either resolution or screen or properties (depending on what OS you are using).

It should also be in the control panel under the screen options.

the recommended res is 1280 by 1024. (well the geoscape problem occurs no matter what the settings. although I havent run into the problem on 1024x768 display res)