[v15 - Geoscape] On loading a save game, time progression doesn't work

Conditions: Normal difficulty, 2 bases created

After putting down my first base, then making another, I found that after I left the game when I re-loaded the time progression on the Geoscape stopped working.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start a new game

2) Put down the first base.

3) Create another base

4) Save game

5) Quit from game

6) Exit from game completely

7) Re-start Xenonauts

8) Load game.

Here's a link to a savegame with the preconditions set.

Edited by Max_Caine
spelling!

Workaround:

1) Open Xenonauts

2) Launch a new game

3) After having positioned the first base, press Esc and click Load Game

4) Select the previously saved game, it should be unpaused now.

A bit unpractical, but it allows you to play until we fix it! (seems like the issue is just when you load a game from the main menu)

Thanks for the workaround, it worked for a bit. Now though my game crashes whenever I do it, while loading the savegame normally (from the main menu) works fine, except that the time is stopped of course. I'm stuck. :D

Note that the game was saved a bit after a terror event rose up, when I load the game I got the terror event choice popup even if I already made my choice before saving (sending in a chopper). Making any choice or closing that event popup crashes the game.

Edited by Vivoune

Thanks for the workaround, it worked for a bit. Now though my game crashes whenever I do it, while loading the savegame normally (from the main menu) works fine, except that the time is stopped of course. I'm stuck. :D

Note that the game was saved a bit after a terror event rose up, when I load the game I got the terror event choice popup even if I already made my choice before saving (sending in a chopper). Making any choice or closing that event popup crashes the game.

Im having the same problem(CTD when using the "work around" to avoid time stop), and I noticed it only happens in save games from month 2 on, I can load games from month 1 without any problem.

I also can load games from month directly from the main menu, but I always get the time stop bug.

• 2 weeks later...