[Suggestions]

podbelski

does anyone use the "reserve TU" feature? The problem is it reserves only TUs for a shot, and does not count extra TUs required to turn or kneel. So I can't rely on it, thus it's useless for me... maybe there is a trick I'm not aware about?

maybe add two (small) buttons for fine tuning? So I can increase/decrease the reserved amount by one per click... that is what coming to mind immediately

How is the game supposed to know you want to turn or kneel? It reserves TUs for a shot, just like it did in the original. Are you incapable of simple math, or not moving your guys in one long move? I'm not trying to be a dick here, but you are complaining about something you yourself should be controlling.

I use the reserve buttons a lot. My only complaint is that if you fire during your turn, it removes the reserve setting for that soldier. Obviously they won't have the TUs to shoot on the alien's turn, but I get tired of having to reset it all the time. Sometimes I don't notice it's off and I accidentally burn all their TUs in one go >.>

Your solution though is to just do small movements. That way you can keep tabs on what is spent and what is still free. That'll allow you to still turn and knee and whatnot.

How is the game supposed to know you want to turn or kneel? It reserves TUs for a shot, just like it did in the original.

sure it can't know if there is no way to "tell" it I need to reserve 3-5 TUs extra

Your solution though is to just do small movements. That way you can keep tabs on what is spent and what is still free. That'll allow you to still turn and knee and whatnot.

that is how I'm doing, manually. But what's the purpose of reserve TU panel then?

I'm saying it might be good to give more control to a player over that feature

You are basically wanting the game to do all the thinking and planning for you. Is it so hard to have to plan ahead?

What you're asking for would require changing the UI as well as introducing the coding for it. I don't think the coding part is possible at this point, and if it was, it would probably require quite a bit of work for something that not many people would even bother with. Besides, there is only so much room on the UI, clutter it too much and people will complain about needing a user manual and a magnifying glass lol.

I have a question, and not trying to be rude, just curious. Are you new to the genre? Have you played any xcom or xcom clones before?

I played the very first XCOM and Apocalypse a ton, and consider myself as an expert of the game. Played a lot of other games in the genre.

you seem to not get my point: as is, this feature is half-done thus mostly unusable. I didn't use it in UFO:EU for the same reasons.

here I'm trying to think about what could be done to improve it, but I can perfectly live as is, that's it.

the more I think about it the more I'm sure current approach won't lead to a good solution, whether you add buttons or not. Eg there is another "problem": suppose I want to reserve 2x bursts, current mechanism can't help.

I can suggest a very good solution (IMO), but not sure if it's the right place to post

• 1 month later...