(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Heh,I am looking forward to new content and thanks on your best wishes.Theon since you know your way around with picture editing you could help TD with participles for his new weapons (I meant on how bullets and beams look).

Im take very bad with the image editing :/

Only Korhang has good skill with fireworks software....

I never touched those particles. I was expecting 500 files for each particle type (as with armour) but in this case it's only one file. I'm sure that there is some kind of catch that makes it difficult to work with. This engine has a catch like that for everything. Everything looks simple at first glance and then the moment you start changing one simple thing it turns out its stringed to another hundred files or/and hardcoded.

TD, were you thinking of a recolor or something more?

I don't know if I'll be able to do anything later on. I'm a bit busy this week.

It sometimes happens to me when I use heavy explosives (rocket launchers and such), especially if it hit explosive obsticales (cars, petrol stations)... it's like a 2-3 sec lag.

Other than that I never seen any lag in game.

Yeah, it simply lagged on and off for a minute or two then ran as normal...

This is not normal, try reinstall video drivers, steam client or xenonauts engine.

Which xeno version did you have?

Which OS did you use?

Can you post the CPU specs?

I use a 7 year old Vista computer using an AMD Phenom X4 9150e Quad Core processor, a good four gigs of RAM, and using an ATI Radon HD 4770 series video card. I use Xeno 1.02.

EDIT:

Otherwise, this is an awesome mod. Just like the good old ACM/TRM of the Afterblank series fame. The Apollo is awesome. A light weight fighter with extensive sensor range makes it all the sweeter to use as a scout or patrol craft. Just getting lasers right now but I think the tier 2 weapons need a remake of sorts. I don't feel... alright... with them right now. Especially the rifle which is called an LMG for some odd reason. Personally it should be a G11 or something similar. Also, I got a recommendation, if you got alien electronics, then the OCIW weapon system would be possible... but to get it to fire both grenades and bullets might be tricky at best.

Edited by XenonaughtFox

The unique addition of these mod is 4 kind of new particle sounds and animations. The only work is recolor it, I can make it.

Ok let begin:

Alien heavy plasma = Right now a bright more intense blue.

The Dread Tactical Sniper = Deep red particle shots

Vortex = alien vortex projector is purple shots.

Warhawk and Peace Keeper Rifle = Purple soft color.

Which color did you think that is more suited?

:)

(...) minute or two

Well that's certainly not normal.

This happened only once? If so maybe some program (Antivirus/ graphic updater or whatever) was running in your background. If it happens more often you can probably try

1) Updating your drivers

2) Reinstalling the game

3) defragmenting your HDD like Sentelin suggested (the game uses thousands of files - it's that kind of engine... so the speed with which it gets to your HDD (if by chance you didnt defragment it for 7 year :D) might probably be a big issue )

Edit.

TD ... no ideas about the colors, I didn't test the weapons recently so you should probably ask Sentelin....who is with his books now :D

Fox:

OCIW - not possible. engine-wise

LMG - maybe; it doesn't rly feel like a machinegun, does it? more like an assault rifle.TD, any thougts about renaming it? It is a good weapon though, you just need soldiers who have both str/acc otherwise recoil will ruin your shots

G11 - there are already a lot of weapons in the b2 tier, I don't know if creating any more there wouldn't be redundant, but I dont know, TD is in charge of weapons.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Yeah, it simply lagged on and off for a minute or two then ran as normal...

I use a 7 year old Vista computer using an AMD Phenom X4 9150e Quad Core processor, a good four gigs of RAM, and using an ATI Radon HD 4770 series video card. I use Xeno 1.02.

EDIT:

Otherwise, this is an awesome mod. Just like the good old ACM/TRM of the Afterblank series fame. The Apollo is awesome. A light weight fighter with extensive sensor range makes it all the sweeter to use as a scout or patrol craft. Just getting lasers right now but I think the tier 2 weapons need a remake of sorts. I don't feel... alright... with them right now. Especially the rifle which is called an LMG for some odd reason. Personally it should be a G11 or something similar. Also, I got a recommendation, if you got alien electronics, then the OCIW weapon system would be possible... but to get it to fire both grenades and bullets might be tricky at best.

As I said problem could be your HDD since it's rather old which means it is slow or didn't see defragment long time and seeing this config i think issue here is more likely CPU.Your processor may have four cores but game use only one (my mistake after quick test i have seen that game has multi core support but that means nothing,AI would still progress faster if you have one core processor with high clock speed than 1.8 ghz quad core ).

Edit:Actually when I think about it,lags are caused because of HDD.CPU is related only to speed of game (i.e How long it takes for AI to calculates best option).So HDD is probably problem here because it depends on HDD how fast game can access and load Assets where CPU define how fast it can access process operations which are stored in RAM memory .

By the way Theon believe it or not I don't think there is catch with participles.There as an old mod that changed participles of Lasers i think you can check out that one.

Edited by Sentelin

This game only use one processor core? Really?

LMG es only a code name, the weapon itself is an assault rifle at first prototype the weapon was an LMG. That dosent matter.

In other hand Laser weapons has change a lot and even are hidden and advanced laser weapons.

Edited by TacticalDragon

So, yeah... this is my Su-T10 Cheburashka. All graphics checked. No crashes experienced.

Clipboard04.jpg

It's basically Su-27 Flanker, it's the size of the games mig 31 Foxhound ...except that Flanker is known for it's exceptional manuvrability.

Now lore-wise and specification-wise we can do a lot with it cos it was still a prototype in 1979 (code T-10. And the soviets were still experiencing a lot of problems with it)

Ideas:

1) At first I was thinking of making it available from game start and make it basically more or less the same as the games F17 (maybe a bit less speed/range more armor/turn rate). Mostly it would in that case serve for flavour (if you build a base under Moscow)

2) Other idea: make it a better version of the F17 but at the same time MUCH more costly (initial price + upkeep)

3) increas Foxtrots range a bit. And make Cheburashka a mid range heavy interceptor (2 heavy weapons + cannon + evasive maneuvers). And damn expensive. Maybe low hp?

4) Make it like in point 3 and costly in upkeep BUT you only get one at game start, you won't be able to buy/produce any more.

I basically tried the idea from point 1 .... made it a bit slower than f17. Gave it 1 torpedo/1 missile / 1 cannon... and honestly, after recently playing with Apollo....that was efficient and damn boring.

I guys I should find a way to rebalance aircrafts altogether. Apollo is getting positive opinions.

So im wondering if changing hp/speed/turn rate of ALL the convetional aircrafts would increas the fun. We now have 4 of them...so we have the resources to play with.

TD: Is there anyway to destroy shotdown aircraft instead of that auto-rebuilding for no cost?

And I still don't know how to make an aircraft buyable. :/

Edit:

Oh, and any ideas how it might be used are appreciated.

Clipboard04.jpg

Clipboard04.thumb.jpg.5512903b9986a167d2

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

This sounds quiet nice, about the rebalancing first I think that comventional aircraft are unable to resist a single or two shots.

The Sci fi aircraft are other thing, Marauder and Corsair are advanced fighters. In Tier 1 and 2 the player is limited to F17 Foxtrot, Condors and Apollo, I think that the perfect gap to fill is make a mid game interceptor and decrease F17 foxtrot power and cost a bit.

Its like create a new Tier for aircrafts. Su 27 Flanker is one of my favorites a its suited for this task :).

Put the classic blue camo of Su 27!!!!!! :D

You can make it buyable like this I think (oh don't look at me like that i can't learn all day all night and I am anyway already mostly done):

<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Name</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">HitPoints</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Armour</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Range</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">TopSpeed</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Acceleration</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">TurnRate</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">RotationAcc</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Cannons</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">NormalWeapons</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">HeavyWeapons</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">SuperheavyWeapons</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">WeaponPositions</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Soldiers</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Vehicles</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Grid</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">RadarRange</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">RadarChance</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Upkeep</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Length</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Width</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Weight</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">CombatArea</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">PowerPlant</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Airframe</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">ServiceCeiling</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Loadout</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">SlotPositions</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Image</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">ACImage</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">SelectionSize</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">CanEvade</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">WeaponLockMod</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">SpawnCrashsite</Data></Cell>  (line 35) [b]<Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">Buyable</Data></Cell>[/b]   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">CanLand</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s66"><Data ss:Type="String">OnWinAgainst</Data><Comment

F17:

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.f17</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">200</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">12000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1500</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">600</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">60</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">20</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">2</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">25,44;48,44;33,29</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="17"><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0.4</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s67"><Data ss:Type="Number">65000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">15.06</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">9.9600000000000009</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">8570</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">40</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">POWERPLANT.Turbofan</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">F-17 Condor</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">61250</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AV.AUTOCANNON;AV.SIDEWINDER;AV.SIDEWINDER</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1000;580;435;90;435;780</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">aircraft/f17</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">aircraft/aircombat/f17</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">55</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>   (line 34) [u][b]<Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>[/b][/u]  <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="39"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>

So variables start from line 108 (starts from <Cell ss:StyleID="s66 <Datass:Type="String">HitPoints</Data></Cell>) and buyable is at 142 (34 lines) ,F-17 aircraft entry starts from 154 (from <Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.f17</Data></Cell>) and buyable variable is at 188 (34).Which brings me to conclusion that every 34 line triggers buyable option.

In gameconfig.xml there is also this entry:

<recoverTime value="48"   comment="Hours needed to recover an airplane from 0% to 1% (Above 1% will use repairRate)" />

So try to delete it and see what will happen :)

Edited by Sentelin

Put the classic blue camo of Su 27!!!!!!

Oh come on, we already have a blue Mirage 2000... I would have to change that one too.

@Sentelin

that is aircraft.xml, right? (it is one of the true xmls so it works in excel....and it doesn't rly change anything if I set buyable to "yes" ....it's like im missing a string somewhere else)

Edit.

Tiers ..are complicated. Will be damn hard to find balance - the research tree is already cramped with all the new weapons.

But, yes I would like to make the conventional planes much more vurnable. Lowering the upkeep and maybe lowering the cost of command centeres could be an option (more bases, more aircrafts). Maybe you could increase the number of ufos at that point?.

I'll think about it and make something out of it when I have the time.

For now, goodnight

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Weird look here i just made Fox "buyable" and i removed F-17 from list

Xenonauts 2014-06-09 01-54-22-29.jpg

Edit:Sorry it's my bad... not every 34 line but every 33 line:

F-17:

154. <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.f17</Data></Cell>

187. <Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>

Fox:

192. <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.mig31</Data></Cell>

225.<Cell ss:StyleID="s69"><Data ss:Type="String">No</Data></Cell>

Note that I revert changes so that F-17 is again buyable and Fox can only be reproduced.

Xenonauts 2014-06-09 01-54-22-29.jpg

577e7cf1bf123_Xenonauts2014-06-0901-54-2

Edited by Sentelin

As you can see at picture I made Condor not buyable which means that in order to produce it you would have to make it research event that would trigger option to produce Condor in workshop or otherwise it's gone for good (expect two F-17 that you get at the start of game).

Edit:I did this in middle of the game and because I already research high-interceptor,I had Fox available at workshop and when you click "buy plane ".If I delete string nlockManufacture( "ManTech.MiG32" )and

Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.MiG32</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">48</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">220000.00000000003</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "airplane.human.mig31" );</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="10"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.mig31</Data></Cell>

then Fox won't be available at workshop.

Also If you remove UnlockKnowledge( "airplane.human.mig31" ) when you start new game instead of Condor,Fox will be available from the start.And If I want both planes i could do next:

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">48</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">220000.00000000003</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "airplane.human.f17" );

So that way F-17 can be produced from workshop and Fox doesn't require Alien invasion/high speed interceptor research to be available and can be purchased with "buy new plane" option.Or you could make them both purchasable it's your choice

Edited by Sentelin

As I said problem could be your HDD since it's rather old which means it is slow or didn't see defragment long time and seeing this config i think issue here is more likely CPU.Your processor may have four cores but game use only one (my mistake after quick test i have seen that game has multi core support but that means nothing,AI would still progress faster if you have one core processor with high clock speed than 1.8 ghz quad core ).

Edit:Actually when I think about it,lags are caused because of HDD.CPU is related only to speed of game (i.e How long it takes for AI to calculates best option).So HDD is probably problem here because it depends on HDD how fast game can access and load Assets where CPU define how fast it can access process operations which are stored in RAM memory .

By the way Theon believe it or not I don't think there is catch with participles.There as an old mod that changed participles of Lasers i think you can check out that one.

Well did some defrag today and my next scheduled weekly defrag time is tomorrow starting at 2 PM MST. Thanks for the warning.

This computer is giving me more fits than time playing anymore. :\ Hopefully I can get a job and buy a new one sooner or later.

Well that's certainly not normal.

This happened only once? If so maybe some program (Antivirus/ graphic updater or whatever) was running in your background. If it happens more often you can probably try

1) Updating your drivers

2) Reinstalling the game

3) defragmenting your HDD like Sentelin suggested (the game uses thousands of files - it's that kind of engine... so the speed with which it gets to your HDD (if by chance you didnt defragment it for 7 year :D) might probably be a big issue )

Edit.

TD ... no ideas about the colors, I didn't test the weapons recently so you should probably ask Sentelin....who is with his books now :D

Fox:

OCIW - not possible. engine-wise

LMG - maybe; it doesn't rly feel like a machinegun, does it? more like an assault rifle.TD, any thougts about renaming it? It is a good weapon though, you just need soldiers who have both str/acc otherwise recoil will ruin your shots

G11 - there are already a lot of weapons in the b2 tier, I don't know if creating any more there wouldn't be redundant, but I dont know, TD is in charge of weapons.

It did it only once. Lagged on and off for a minute or two then ran as normal the rest of the time. Probably it's because whenever Water/Firefox is on it starts to eat processing like a pig after an hour or two.

I also have a weekly defrag schedule that I adhere to for years (even after getting it to the shop and forcing it to go to factory spec several times)... but then again I install and uninstall games like clockwork.

@OCIW: Ah man. That means no Mauser pulse laser rifles! [pouts]

Problem Edit:

Well, apparently I can't produce or otherwise acquire rockets or pulse lasers after I do the necessary research. :\

Edited by XenonaughtFox

What? Research? Produce rockets? What do you mean?

When I researched the rocket weapon for the Hunter combat car it didn't show up on the garage screen when I selected the vehicle's armament. It didn't show the Pulse Laser either for the Hunter when I researched the technology. :\

When I researched the rocket weapon for the Hunter combat car it didn't show up on the garage screen when I selected the vehicle's armament. It didn't show the Pulse Laser either for the Hunter when I researched the technology. :\

Thanks for reporting let me check the files. :D

Did you check the manufacture screen? You can create this items in the workshop?

Edit: There is a typo mismatch in researches, I will fix this in the next update. I suggest you to change VV.Pulse laser and VV.Rocket on item XML to Unlimited for now.

Thanks for reporting! :D

Edited by TacticalDragon

Thanks for reporting let me check the files. :D

Did you check the manufacture screen? You can create this items in the workshop?

Edit: There is a typo mismatch in researches, I will fix this in the next update. I suggest you to change VV.Pulse laser and VV.Rocket on item XML to Unlimited for now.

Thanks for reporting! :D

Alrighty then. I'll do that. I was actually mystified when it didn't show up in the manufacturing screen... I seriously love that pulse laser. It fucks shit up good.

@ setting to unlimited: how do I do that?

Edited by XenonaughtFox

Alrighty then. I'll do that. I was actually mystified when it didn't show up in the manufacturing screen... I seriously love that pulse laser. It fucks shit up good.

@ setting to unlimited: how do I do that?

Download this file here and replace it from Assets folder.

DOWNLOAD ITEMS

We'r glad you like the mod, any suggestion are welcome, but first test the mod all you can!

:D