(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Interesting. What difficulty level are you playing? Aren't the funding nations surrendering withouth lots of early bases and advanced airspace coverage? Thanks for the descriptive comment.

And I think the next update might alter your early game tactics.

I'm working hard on lore, but if TD is waiting for it, with the update, that is (which he should :D)...then its probably not comming out until tomorrow. I have a lot of technologies to cover. And the only thing TD told me about it: it's purple*. So I am writing lore about purple things without knowing anything about them :D

*(ok, ok ..TD explained a lot about the technologies and weapons which I'am about to cover...but still .... it's purple! )

lulu.jpg

Mod working note to self - do not listen to BSG soundtrack whilst writing lore...

The headscientist gets all cranked up!

from the Vortex lore:

(...)

As with alenium, there is of course no possibility to reproduce it (or not yet at least, maybe tomorrow?) . But, as with alenium our brave minds have yet again, in a way, succeeded. This is our nature, Commander. The nature of adapting and retaliating. When saber-tooth cats attacked our ancestors, we retaliated by carving saber-tooth knives. When thick-hided herds of animals trampled our berry bushes, we took their skins, and turned them into our food, their furs, into our armor. When lightning struck down our shelters, we harnessed its by-product: fire. And we set the world ablaze. We are going to set the world ablaze once again, Commander. And in due time, we will set THEIR world ablaze. Mark my words!

lulu.jpg

lulu.jpg.a75b2f32f2a4bc4f7bae1c8e8f3bf4c

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

@Theon

I completed vanilla on veteran and insane.It really depends on how you want to play (too many bases is really bad,I think that way you are going to run out of money before you even enter in mid game.Also it was possible to win game without Air supermacy but it was harder).I don't play this game to save whole world,so I kept most important nation (ones which gave most money of course).In late game i had stable economy exalted relations with major money founding nations (USSR,South America,Europe,Middle East and Asia),strong crew,air supremacy and almost all objectives completed (well that was v20 and v21 in v22 a lot things changed and I guess i would have to change my play style).

As for this mod I am still trying to find good strategy,because when i tried to play the same way I did,aliens wipe floor with me.Early Air coverage in this mod doesn't mean nothing from what i have seen so far,armor rush is more sound to me,however i still haven't completed this game so I don't say this strategy is sound.

@TD

Well i listen rock,metal (all genres expect black metal,trash and so called modern heavy metal) and hard rock,so few sound tracks from one or all of those genres would be great.

Oh don't tell me that steam screwed all your progress ?

Edited by Sentelin

@TD

Well i listen rock,metal (all genres expect black metal,trash and so called modern heavy metal) and hard rock,so few sound tracks from one or all of those genres would be great.

Oh don't tell me that steam screwed all your progress ?

No this time was the dropbox syncronzed in two computers. The new update is almost complete! Right now Kirill and Korhang was making the balance adjustments and Theon reviews the structure of xenopedia entries and the new secret (My english is bad as hell..:S)

I'll leave the history line update for later updates.

SHARE AND NEWS NO.29

Hello XNT Players,

We'r testing lot of new elements for the game, but this time I write asking this questions:

- Which music or track did you like or want to see in this game?

I'm still following the mod progress, but since I lack time to do some serious play throughs, I not giving feedback... but, hey, music to the game? Well, I dont need ingame experience to suggest some!

Well... I'm a huge fan of old school 16-bit musics and there is some from the old SNes that I think suit Xenonauts very well. But I also want the music to be tense and dark (the monotonous and repetitive OG XCom battle music still give me chills! So simple and perfect)

So, Clock Tower have one music that I think could be used:

Demon's Crest also have some annoying repetitive tense music that may be used:

Super Metroid theme is awesome awesome:

By the way... all of the Super Metroid soundtrack fits perfectly into the game! Just imagine you are doing an alien base mission for the first time listening to it:

[video=youtube;8NoEvgpvDQc]

See the rest of the Super Metroid soundtrack releated in that last video on Youtube. It's filled with gold! I really think this game may have everything to provide a decent soundtrack.

Super Metroid soundtrack

Sounds a lot like the original x-com themes.

A lot of games have fitting music, copyrights are a burden though:

how about royalty free music?:

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?feels%5B%5D=Eerie&feels%5B%5D=Unnerving

Just browse between Unnerving, dark, eerie and somber categories and you will get a lot of useful music.

From the first page alone..there are lots of viable ones:

Day of Chaos

Bent and Broken

Static Motion

Ice Demon

Controlled Chaos - this one maybe for aircombat ?

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

@Victor, Thank you for following us, maybe 16bits sounds could be annoying at this point for modern players... I run a test and I fell stressed :S!

@Theon, Good catch!

I really like this tracks they are awesome, maybe a bit dark. I had some ideas but this music sounds great.

Selgald and you tell me about places that offer free music, I download a lot of track to test it and select it.

This one included ^^

Remember that for the most "free" music you have to write the name of the creator somewhere.

When you make a readme for the mod, just put them into the credits ^^

And make the music pack as an optional download.

Yes understood :D

@Theon, Inbox full, we'r ready to upload

Edited by TacticalDragon

EXPANDED UPDATE NO.29

ghost-recont-future-soldier.jpg

Great players of XNT:ITD

We announce a expansion update for today, unfortunately this time the amount of changes in the pack don't let us construct a updater.

Whats new!

V4.2 Extended

- 1x New Aircraft added (Apollo M2X) (Desinged by Theon)

- 2x Optional advanced weapons for Tier 2+ and Tier 3- (Advanced Vortex powered Rifle Peace Keeper TSR-V1 AND Warhawk II WR-H60A Vortex Powered Heavy Pistol )

- Damage of plasma and MAG weapons has been increased a bit.

- All Elite Aliens behave with particular Teamwork AI and their equipment has been modified (Beware Fight any Elite Alien could be very dangerous, that distance and precautions approaching an UFO with Elite Aliens)

- Vortex Research tree has been developed (At 50% for now)

- Light modifications of Advanced weapons research tree has been implemented (More Comprehensive approach and more easy to take).

- Xenopedia entries has been developed and complemented (Theon your great)

- Music pack has been added!

DOWNLOAD LINK

XNT - INTO DARKNESS EXTENDED V4.2 PACK

DOWNLOAD EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC PACK

DOWLOAD LINK MUSIC PACK

NEW COMPONENTS

Apollo M2X Light Combat Scout Aircraft

apollo.jpg

Tactical briefing:

- Extreme velocity and range there can be used as a support aircraft, bringing down damaged and escaping crafts.

- Long radar range and high fuel levels - excellent map coverage.

- Due to its speed and thus escape capabilities it can serve the role of a lightweight missile carrier (attack and retreat as with Foxtrot).

- low acceleration and turn rate.

- very fragile - do not get in the range of enemy plasma blasters!

- Do not engage fighter-class UFOs.

Peace Keeper TSR-V1

keeper.jpg

Specifications:

Snap Shot 24AP - 43% accuracy

Aimed 66AP - 95% Accuracy (laser sights)

Burst Fire: 32AP - 32% Accuracy

Fire Rate: High

Damage: Plasma Vortex Powered Ammo (55 Nominal damage, 15 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: High

Range of effect: All ranges

Tactical Briefing:

- Top of the line in Plasma technology, comparable to Alien Heavy Plasma Rifles

- High powered ammunition powered by vortex provides this weapon exceptional armor penetration.

- Our Knowledge of advanced rifles let us calibrate burst fire up to 4 bullets per action.

- Costly to produce and difficult to handle.

Warhawk II WR-H60A

Warhawk2.jpg

Specifications:

Snap Shot 18AP - 32% accuracy

Normal 28AP - 54% Accuracy

Aimed 48AP - 111% Accuracy

Fire Rate: Single shot

Damage: Vortex Powered Ammo Caliber .50 (46 Nominal damage, 30 Stun Damage)

Armor Penetration: Medium

Range of effect: Medium

Tactical Briefing:

- Improved version of Warhawk effective against almost all enemies, lethal against some.

- Laser Sights mounted; providing high accuracy and better range of effect compared to other pistols.

- Difficult to use and has only the capacity of holding 6 bullets.

- Hard to reload.

ghost-recont-future-soldier.jpg

keeper.jpg

Warhawk2.jpg

apollo.jpg

ghost-recont-future-soldier.jpg.750cd81e

keeper.jpg.fe4fe8d1858942a631e9cad21fa01

Warhawk2.jpg.cb4e838956a82e74dc3029afdf0

apollo.jpg.b97cbf1dd324ea9a8d6224a3c9309

Edited by TacticalDragon

TD probably didn't see the 1.03 patch notes yet :P. Im not sure whether auto-resolve will be able or not after you mod it. Our update is for the 1.02 and it therefore might re-enable autoresolve for 1.03

But even with autorelove you will probably want to not use it with Apollo. Auto resolve is damn difficult to set.

I just tried it out and:

Fighter vs Apollo (7 times - save /load)

- 3 times I won

- 3 times it was a draw (both crafts down :D)

- 1 time he got me

in autoresolve the chance was 0% ...

Then I tried a light scout (5 times save/load)

- 3 times won

- 2 times lost

It wasn't easy.

and autoresolve was proposing 71% which I think is fair.