A couple of quick suggested features

Hey all,

First off, the game is great. I play on a laptop and there are a couple of little things that I think could be added in a patch (or mod maybe?) to really increase my (and maybe others) enjoyment of the game. This is the kind of game I want to play sitting in my bed on my laptop, like I do with the old X-Com games. As such, I don't often use a mouse. Right clicking on my laptop's trackpad can lead to frequent misclicks and errors when using right click commands. I would suggest: 1) a look key, like "L" in Jagged Alliance 2; and 2) a key to increase aiming TU used. I also would like to see smaller resolutions to play in windows mode as well, if possible.

Thanks and keep up the great work! I wish you guys a lot of success when the full game is released.

Sorry, that's not going to be possible - we're finishing development very shortly and it's a relatively minor issue. The resolutions (and text size) also don't work very well, but that's largely a result of the terrible engine.

I doubt it's much consolation to you right now but we've definitely learned our lessons on the UI front from this game.

So the engine is terrible? xD

The engine is barely suitable for purpose.

It was picked early on by a member of the team who thought it was suitable but didn't really know what they were looking at.

By the time that person left and the problems with the engine were discovered it was too late to throw out all the work that had been done and start again.

I reckon the game would have either been completed years ago or be finishing now with twice the cool new features if something like Unity had been picked.

Goldhawk have been fighting the engine more than working with it for the last few years which makes what they have achieved quite spectacular really.