[v22.9 GC] Simultaneous move and teleporting CTD

Yes, bug is rare, but I just repeated it.

One my soldier moved on Carrier's top floor.

I switched to another by pressing hotkey (i.e. without focusing on) - that soldier was still on previous floor.

I clicked him to move there, and in a moment when he teleported in (first soldier was still moving) - game CTDed.

I haven't been able to reproduce this one (though I was trying with base teleporters, not carrier teleporters). Can anyone else repro it? Is it just a crash when one soldier teleports and the other one is still moving?

Base teleports caused no problems - they move on the same floor.

It somehow linked not only with simultaneous movement but with engine-induced switch of current level too.

Maybe (I'm not totally sure) this CTD is because game tries simultaneously draw movement on current floor and teleport animation on another floor.

OK, so I've set up a test in a Carrier with two soldiers and the teleporters there.

1) I set soldier 1 to move normally on the ground floor, inside the ship.

2) While soldier 1 is moving, I move soldier 2 onto the teleporter on the ground floor. This teleports them up to floor 3 while soldier 1 is still moving.

That doesn't cause a crash for me. Is that what is causing a crash for you? If so, it may be that the bug has been fixed by some of the other fixes we've made for other issues.

Yes, it is one of two possible crash variants.

Second variant:

1) Start position: soldier 1 is on floor 3, soldier 2 is on floor 1 near teleporter.

2) I set soldier 1 normally move along floor 3.

3) While soldier 1 moves, I press "2" on keyboard, to select soldier 2 but NOT move camera to floor 1.

4) While soldier still 1 moves, I click somewhere on floor 3 to make soldier 2 teleport and move

If to the moment when soldier 2 emerges in a blue flash of teleport soldier 1 still moves - CTD.

Yes, both variants worked not every time, but after 7 or 8 repeatings I decided to move one soldier a time when around teleports :)

This appears to still be happening in the current release build. Two units pathing to different teleporters seems to cause a pretty consistent CTD. This is easiest to reproduce on a carrier, having units on multiple floors, taking your camera going to the top floor, using (1-9) to select multiple units, and telling them to go to different spots on that floor.

Attached is a save file with a Landing Ship. Just tell one unit to move to the upper deck, and away from the teleport pad, then while he is still moving, hit the # key for another unit, and move them to the upper deck using the 2nd teleport pad.

The timing is a little hard to get on a Landing Ship since it's so small and only has 2 floors. Carriers are much easier to reproduce with, since units will also have the TU's to traverse through 2 teleport pads.

teleport_crash.sav

Confirming this is happening. Latest build 1.03, carrier mission. Selected one trooper, made him go to a teleport pad, before he teleported, selected another and made him go to another teleporter. CTD when 1st trooper teleported on the upper floor.