Three HUZZAHS for Gijs-Jan!

Thanks guys; it means a lot :)

For the modders; almost every aspect of the AI can be adjusted to better fit behavior you want through the weights in AIProps.xml. I've primarily spent time in fixing bugs and adding in new behavior, so there is still a lot to be gained in tweaking those weights.

Once the deadline of the release is over, I'll try to get some blog posts up explaining everything. (If I manage to find the time :D)

Looking forward to the said article!

Got my ass handed to me by a Sebillian squad defending a Landing Ship. As I was preparing to assault it, a Sebillian popped the door open on the alien turn and fired at me, allowing three more Sebs to take shots at my troops from behind cover inside the ship. Needless to say, that did not end well for me.

Don't know how random that was, but if the door-opening was deliberate, then even more kudos to the resident AI Dutchman.

Got my ass handed to me by a Sebillian squad defending a Landing Ship. As I was preparing to assault it, a Sebillian popped the door open on the alien turn and fired at me, allowing three more Sebs to take shots at my troops from behind cover inside the ship. Needless to say, that did not end well for me.

Don't know how random that was, but if the door-opening was deliberate, then even more kudos to the resident AI Dutchman.

.Don't know how random that was, but if the door-opening was deliberate, then even more kudos to the resident AI Dutchman.

I'm seeing ETs emerge from their ships fairly often, usually when I least expect it, and every now and then managing to wound/kill my guys. That's exactly what I was hoping to see happen (because it didn't a few builds ago) so I'm a happy camper :)

The sebillian opening the door on you probably was random, but that's the whole point; the more random, and less predictable, the AI is, the more challenging and spontaneous the game is

Edited by dpelectric