[e22.8] Main Menu Backdrop Issue

Notice the 1 pixel wide greenish line that appears behind the commander in the middle.

This line appears as an irregular flicker during the main menu animation.

I started this so people may post their issues in a single thread now that it's cluttering the release thread. There seem to be several different issues people are sometimes getting.

I play on a widescreen desktop WinXP windowed 1440x900. No such issue before this build.

Edit: 1600x900 window also has the same artifact at the same place.

Edit: I mistakenly marked the thread as 22.7 no. This is actually 22.8

Screen56.jpg

Screen56.jpg

Screen56.jpg.0baba812b5523834991ee3d4b43

Edited by Caaygun

I'm having the same issue, running the game fullscreen in 1440x900 on a laptop monitor. See my post here : http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9612-General-Issues-V22-Experimental-3?p=110178&viewfull=1#post110178

This seems to be related to the background animation introduced in v22 b8.

Caaygun, since you're running the game at 1440x900 as well; do you have any scaling issues with the quantity selection arrows on the Research and Workshop screens? They always seem a little off to one side, their black 1px frames not displaying correctly.

Edited by TasothCommander

I imagine it's due to the increased number of images increasing loading time beyond a certain point, at which the game just stops loading entirely. I've asked Giovanni to look at the image-loading code to see if that's the case.