Unused Items

I did a bit of digging into the game files and the xenopedia and noticed things like "Particle Cannon", "Colossus" armor, and "Saracen" an interceptor along with nanite workshops.

I believe the Particle Cannon is the singularity cannon and I'm wondering if the other unused items will appear in the final product.

The things that interest me the most are the Terrapin(Which seems to be some sort of mech) and the Archangel tank, which seems to be an upgrade over the Hyperion.

And the flamethrower is there, I'm not sure why they removed it(In some pictures of early builds you can see it in-game).

@Benscahar. The Colossus armour and Saracen have been discussed at different points in the forums. To summarise: The Colossus has been cut because it would look ridiculous as a 1-tile suit of armour, the Saracen has been cut because it wasn't a good fit.

@The D3rp. Also to summarise a lot of discussion: The walkers never made it in (although you can see the early development intent), the Archangel was cut because it wasn't needed, and the flamethrower went a lot of early development before being cut, principally because the freelancer who provided the flame effects got a permanent job. However, to the best of my knowledge the flamethrower never actually made it into the builds as a viable weapon, effects or no effects. I can say that with some certainty, as I started supporting the game at build 9, and it wasn't in then.

Yeah it wasn't square enough to work properly.

The flamethrower never got past placeholder effects.

Rather than the spray of flame that was intended it never got past a cone explosion.

I don't think it would work too well anyway now if it was classed as incendiary.

Would seem odd that it would do massive damage to concrete but not much to aliens.

In the /sounds/ folder, you can find the walking sounds for the proposed mechs. I have tried (with Gauddlikes' help) to try and fiddle about with differently proportioned vehicles (such as a walker would be) but while there are variables to make vehicles of different lengths and widths, the game only likes 3x3 and gets shirty if you try anything else.