[V21 Stable] "Tail until over land" Failure

This one took a few tries for me to catch but whenever I set a squadron to tail a UFO they just followed it around until they ran out of fuel. I only noticed when a UFO was flying over the middle of France. I manually ordered the fighters to attack it and it downed and created a crash site normally.

Hi Chris, i got this problem as well. I believe one have to follow these steps for the problem to show.

1. small alien craft appears

2. send a condor after it

3. alien craft flies over water

4. condor catches up the alien craft over water and the option to engage appears.

5. choose 'Tail until overland'

6. Whola..condor follows alien craft all over the map and the option to engage never appears again even when they are overland. So the condor tails the craft until it runs out of fuel.

I encounter this problem for a couple of times and my solution is to pay close attention to the chase and once they are overland, i have click on the condor icon and select 'engage tailed enemy'

If i send a foxtort after the alien craft instead, the screen offering option to engage will appear when they are overland after playing tag over the water.

I've also witnessed this. I can't say for sure, but it seems to happen when the ship being tailed is slightly too fast for the interceptor; I'm thinking maybe the interception popup would appear when the ship moved over land if the interceptor could actually catch up with it, but instead it lags slightly behind. However, the UFO still counts as being tailed, so you can still manually click the UFO / Interceptor and choose "engage tailed UFO" and have it work.