Information on crash sites.

Later in the game when you will sometimes know a bit more information about the UFOs you are intercepting, this info is not availablle once it's shot down, as far as I can see. This doesn't really make sense - you're not going to instantly lose knowledge about a UFO once you shoot it down. I guess if what you already know about the UFO doesn't show when looking at info on the crash site's not available now, it's unikely to be added to the game now.

Has anyone found any solution to this beyond writing down what you know about the UFOs before shooting them down? Seems a bit crazy that I should have to do this.

so i gotta say i am confused as to what your asking for. so do you mean how i know light scouts only have about 5 aliens in them, or are you looking for more along the lines of keeping the internal lay out of each ship lit up ? ( i think its unlikely this is what you mean )

i think you mean after you get the cryptothingy that tells you the mission and race of each craft so you would have that info on the crash site as well as the ufo when it is flying around. to be fair i dont know how that is split up as i dont get to build that far very offen before saves get broken. but i would agree after you unlock that info you should know the race your going to see not.

I think it's the fact that once a UFO is shot down, you lose the Quantum Cryptology centre information (species, mission etc.). Some of that is now going to be irrelevant / out of date (mission has been aborted due to crash, alien numbers may now be inaccurate because of crash fatalities), but the information could still be useful.

Yes it's the species that I'd really like to see. The mission type and numbers might be handy, but I don't know if they really affect what you find on the ground that much. The ship type is useful to know, especially once we get battleships, but can be inferred from the amount available for an airstrike.

All this information (species, mission type, numbers, ship type) is available for a UFO in flight if the you have a quantum cryptology centre in range, but clicking on the crash site just shows the ship size ("large", "massive", etc.)

• 2 weeks later...