Reaction fire bug? I think something is broken.

1. Has anyone noticed that alien reaction fire can come from far further than their sight range? I might be crazy, but I think the counter-fire I'm receiving is coming from way far away and I don't think it's alien squad sight. It ONLY seems to be reaction fire, BTW. Their planned "normal" seem to be acting normally. That brings me to point two...

2. Why do aliens counter-fire when you shoot them when IF had you not shot them they wouldn't do anything? Does your fire automatically trigger counter-fire? Wouldn't it have been wiser for them to shoot during their own turn? I've the had aliens ignore me while I'm just sitting there, but as soon as I fire they shoot back (?). It seems to me reaction fire should happen when you MOVE within their sight not when you fire from a stationary position. Maybe the reaction minimum range is higher than the non-reaction fire minimum range? Something isn't syncing.

Edited by StellarRat

Do you see reaction fire coming from outside sight range with only Caesans or do Sebillians and Androns do it too?

Aliens are more likely to reaction fire when you have low TU. Shooting at them lowers your TU.

The accuracy of early aliens is so insanely low that you might be right that its too low for them to even attempt to shoot at your xenonauts except through reaction fire.

Edited by KateMicucci

Do you see reaction fire coming from outside sight range with only Caesans or do Sebillians and Androns do it too?

Aliens are more likely to reaction fire when you have low TU. Shooting at them lowers your TU.

The accuracy of early aliens is so insanely low that you might be right that its too low for them to even attempt to shoot at your xenonauts except through reaction fire.

I noticed the problem last night when Androns and drones were shooting at my with reaction fire from nearly across the map. My Hunter was the only thing within their sight range, but nonetheless the opened up on my troops from way into the black. But their reaction fire shouldn't be any more or less accurate than regular fire or triggered more or less often either. The minimum chance ought to be used in all cases to determine whether or not to fire.

I've had caesans reaction fire and fire on their turn from 3 to 8 spaces out of my FOV, and it's not because there's one closer that sees me. They also take 2-3 shots when reacting. There's definitely something off their reaction.

Their aim is pretty bad, but the amount of shots they fire make up for it.