[v21e5] Issues with windowed\fullscreen mode

2 thing I have noticed:

- selecting Windowed mode has no effect, if the resolution chosen is the native resolution of the screen (1440p in my case). If i want to play in windowed mode, I have to select a lwoer resolution.

- game crashes if alt-tab is used during the ground combat loading screen

Yeah a known bug buried deep in the game engine that Goldhawk has no access rights to alter.

That means it will almost certainly never be resolved.

Playing in a window is possible as you mention, you just have to be sure to pick a resolution smaller in both dimensions than your desktop.

For example my 1680x1050 desktop will only support windowed mode at 1600x900 or smaller.

• 2 months later...

What can I do to run window mode if the game only allows me to pick high resolutions?

My machine runs at 1280:800 max - this is the only option Xenonauts launcher offers me, no lower. Does this mean I can't run window mode whatever I do?

Edited by KevinHann

The game pulls the list of possible resolutions from your gfx driver from what I have gathered so you could try up or downgrading your gfx driver to see if that changes your options.

If not then you will not be able to run in windowed mode as far as I can tell.

Sadly it seems there are no better drivers than 7.14.10.1295 from like five years ago for my stupid GMA 950 - which I already have. No window mode then, I guess.

*cringe*

Thank you for trying to help though, hopefully someone else facing the same problem would find the info useful!

Edited by KevinHann

There are a few modded drivers out there if you are feeling adventurous, one of those may help.

I have no experience with that chipset though so can't comment on their reliability or validity.

Yes but be extra carefully, one time I experiment lot of issues running xeno by changing drivers. Its quiet sensitive.