Help needed!

Skitso

I'm constantly improving my Oppressive UI MOD behind the curtains, and while I'm not releasing any new versions of it before the game releases, I do need the community's help, as at the moment I'm trying to mod the most difficult view: the Geoscape.

It's a bit more complex than the rest of the screens, so I would be grateful if you guys could download a demo of the geoscape portion of my mod below (backup everyting before, please!) and unpack it in the assets -directory overwriting everything.

Please check if the objectives text is aligned correctly and is visible and that top left and right bars (time and funds) align neatly. Also other feedback is greatly appreciated. (Is it too dark for example?)

This is also an opportunity to check how the color grading and vignetting system I proposed to GH earlier affects the look of the game. (Only used in geoscape view in this mod of course!)

Download here: https://www.mediafire.com/?yayjgkl4v4h2v84

Edited by Skitso

Everything looks like it lines up properly at 1600x900 windowed.

It also looks suitable dark and oppressive.

The radar circles for the bases seem to blend into the background in places, mainly over the sandy parts of the map.

Maybe tweak the colours on those if you can but otherwise looks good at my normal resolution.

I changed the color theme a bit in the geoscape and now the green and yellow texts in the aircraft launch control screen and autoresolve screens bug me. I can't find correct scripts to change them. I changed organge text settings in the styles.lua and it did change some texts but the intercept menus and xenopedia are giving me troubles... Hope they aren't hard coded... :/ Also, where can I change lost continent color?

My GS looks like this ATM:

WRdZ8mN.jpg

Edited by Skitso

There are a selection of display variables in gamecongif.xml if you haven't had a look yet.

Have you looked in the individual scripts for the sections you are struggling with?

There is an autoresolvedialog.lua, two xenopedia.lua and 4 interceptdialog.lua scripts that should contain those fonts somewhere, if they aren't hard coded.

There are files in the assets/earth/continentmasks folder that may be the coloured images used for lost regions.

Not certain though because the red images are quite low definition so may just be a different type of mask.

Worth a try.