[V20 - Geoscape] mouse-dragging geoscape quickly is not rendered fluidly

Couldn't find any previous reports about this, so it might just be my system. DxDiag report here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10190786/DxDiag.txt

As for the issue itself: I can scroll/pan (however you prefer to call it) the geoscape with cursor keys fine. When i drag it with small and slow movements it also pans fine. However as soon as my mouse movements go beyond a certain speed the geoscape does not follow anymore, just stays where it is until i stop moving the mouse, at which point it snaps to the new position.

Makes me think you maybe want to add something to discard mouse move events if too many come in.

For me the map moves very smoothly when empty, no juddering at all.

If it starts to fill up a bit then things can get a bit choppy if I try throwing the screen around very quickly though.

I hadn't actually noticed until I saw this post and tried it out.

The game does seem to struggle on laptops I have noticed.

The M series of geforce card seemed to be common in a problem where the geoscape background images would load very slowly, if at all, for some people a while back.

This could be a similar thing if the background images are a little too high detailed to be moved around smoothly in an unpredictable way with the mouse.

I altered the geoscape images to be much lower detail a while back which seemed to help with the other issue, maybe it is worth trying for you if the juddering is interfering with your gameplay.

I altered the geoscape images to be much lower detail a while back which seemed to help with the other issue, maybe it is worth trying for you if the juddering is interfering with your gameplay.

How did you do that exactly?

Manually resize every image file? That would get very tedious. My comp has difficulties loading any and every image file for this game.

I honestly can't remember, I adjusted something so that the file size was significantly smaller but the physical dimensions were the same.

Probably lowered the dpi or something.

It was only for the geoscape background images so there are not many and it was easy to macro so I only needed to do one.