[v20 SC1] CTD when loading ground combat (reproducable)

Load the save file and let the chopper reach the first grounded UFO and the game will crash as soon as "Loading ground combat" screen will show.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9AF6C36664D2670D!13548&authkey=!APSzPRokCY6uGzs&ithint=file%2c.sav

Update: actually it happens with all ground combat in the patch.

Edited by Puciek

It's a bit difficult to answer a thread when it contains three potentially different bugs. All of you, please confirm you've done the following and are still experiencing the issues:

1) Right click > validate files on Steam.

2) Start a new game.

3) Restart Xenonauts entirely when you create a new game or load a new game. It seems no UFOs or base buildings appear if you don't do this, so I think this is causing Calmingstorm's issues at least.

This is for every ground combat mission? The save / load just plain isn't working in this build it seems. So if you create a new game you can get a crash?

If so, please can you try some different resolutions out? Different aspect ratios and both small and big ones (play in a window). It might be something to do with the loading screen not displaying correctly on larger screens.

I did check my steam cache before posting so that is not it.

I did check on that saving/loading and indeed that is a cause. My reproduction steps (from fresh install and fresh game):

1. Start a game

2. Shoot down UFO

3. Send chinoor to the ufo

4. Save the game before it reaches the target

Mission loads fine

5. Load the game at the point where chonok was in flight

6. When mission starts loading, game will crash.

1. Start a game

2. Shoot down UFO

3. Send chinoor to the ufo

Same.

And step 4. Game CTD after loading screen.

I've tried both 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 res. Run in Window mode. Its look like mission is loaded, the game starts to playing ground combat music (on loading screen) but right after that - CTD.

If so, please can you try some different resolutions out? Different aspect ratios and both small and big ones (play in a window). It might be something to do with the loading screen not displaying correctly on larger screens.

I did as suggested and deleted local files and reinstalled.

I'm not quite sure if the version is 20SC2 or V20S (it just says V20 Stable 20/12/2013 on launcher).

I still have the exact same CTD at load of ground combat at 1920x1080 resolution. Exceptionally slow loading time, at about 90% the ground combat music starts, then when reaches 100% CTD.

I've tried a couple of different resolutions and at 1600x900 windowed, no CTD and the loading time for ground combat is pretty much what it was in previous builds.