Disengagement in air combat needs changes, often chooses bad pathing.

The disengage button in air combat doesn't work very well. The disengaging fighters often take a very "stupid" path that cuts right across the aliens weapons firing arc allowing them to be hit and often shot down. Also, the "roll/dodge" function and all player control is lost once the disengage is activated making it impossible for the player to try to disengage safely. Also, there appears to be no way to turn off disengage once it's active.

If I remember correctly, clicking just off the edge of the air combat map will call for an aircraft to disengage but at the point you have selected (rather than it picking its own stupid path). Maybe I misremember, though? (I've also not played with the new UI, so maybe it changed).

Air combat could use some general trimming too. Disengaging takes too damn long and many times player needs to watch a boring chase to the edge of the too large combat area. Air combat area should be smaller and camera more zoomed in, at least when against smaller ufo's.

Edited by Skitso

Air combat could use some trimming too. Disengaging takes too damn long and many times player needs to watch a boring chase to the edge of the too large combat area. Air combat area should be smaller and camera more zoomed in, at least when against smaller ufo's.
The size of the combat area seems OK to me. What we could use is a button or slider to speed up the game by about 4x when we want to. That way you could disengage and hit the 4x button to end the engagement quickly.