No more positive points from ground combat - implications?

StK

Kraex - no, I've explained my reasons in great detail at various points through the thread. Don't dismiss them as not being reasons, please.

I didn't intend the remark to be flippant, it's a decision you've made. I don't think it's an arbitrary decision, you have your reasons, not everyone agrees with them. My point in response to Amaror's question as to "why does it have to be one or the other" is that it doesn't, but that's the decision you've made.

I'm not 100% certain on how it works in the current experimental build, but Chris has been extremely clear on this point on multiple occasions throughout this discussion. Terror sites will get relation bonuses for the ground combat. I'm going to repeat that a second time, because this misunderstanding persists despite being repeatedly repudiated: Terror sites will get relation bonuses from ground combat. The debate is about relationship modifiers from crash site recovery missions only. Other ground combat missions still get a relationship bonus.

Ok, it's just that i had just finished a terror mission on the latest stable build, 2/3 of my squad got wiped by that one and the country didn't gave a fuck. I even decreased the amount of funding, because i was too busy saving their city to shoot down a single ufo.

But when they will give relation bonus in the final release, that will be fine.

I didn't intend the remark to be flippant, it's a decision you've made. I don't think it's an arbitrary decision, you have your reasons, not everyone agrees with them. My point in response to Amaror's question as to "why does it have to be one or the other" is that it doesn't, but that's the decision you've made.

OK, fair enough then.