Random maps?

I would also like to know whether the map for tactical battles generated independently?

This is very important and very interesting. If randomization is not, then it can be understood that the interest of passing the transition falls very much.

Edited by resonansER

They are semi random i believe. As far as I understand it the maps allocate set areas for a designated typ of map object like open road, factory, barn, transformers, farm field, etc

So while the baisic concept of the maps are fewer then you might think there will still be a larger variety because the buildings and stuff will keep changeing how they look inside their designated areas.

(although i could be completly wrong about this)

I suggest you visit the wiki on the mapping subject then:

http://xenowiki.goldhawkinteractive.com/index.php?title=Mapping:_Creating_new_in-game_battlefields

there are probably more threads/posts of interest in the mapping subforum

Level Construction:

Sub-maps are the basic element of each level, ranging in size from 5x5 squares to 20x20 squares. A level is a number of these sub-maps stitched together to form a larger map. As a result of this, we have two seperate terrain editors - the Sub-Map editor allows the player to build the sub-maps, and the Level Editor allows the player to place the sub-maps together to form a complete level.

Maps in Xenonauts are also semi-randomly generated. If a level has been constructed properly, it will look different every time it is played. This is because the Level editor does not join together specific sub-maps, but rather types of sub-map. For instance, the user may specify that a 15x15 Warehouse may fill the south-east corner of a level. Every time the level is loaded, the level editor will randomly load a sub-map from the 15x15 Warehouse folder. If there are 3 or 4 different variants of sub-map (as there should be), the warehouse is unlikely to look the same even if the same map is played twice consecutively. As every single sub-map specified in the level editor loads in this manner, a level will have a similar layout but will look very different each time it is played.

Maps are divided into tilesets in game terms. An example of a tileset is Industrial, or Farmyard, or perhaps Arctic. Levels can only use sub-maps from the same tileset as they are part of. The reason is obvious enough - it would look strange if a patch of the Arctic turned up in the middle of a Farmyard tileset!