No mind control or blaster launchers?

I would like to see them in a form that was fun and useful.

Using them like a gun (line of sight, in range etc) would work but it is way too late in the development cycle for them to be implemented and balanced properly.

I am expecting mods to appear fairly quickly with both psi powers and blaster bombs if the engine will support them.

Mind control like the one in X-Com was the only one in it's time. I'm not including Games with a fantastic setting or the like, i'm talking about strategy games using modern day. Syndicate used it, master of Orion too (on another scale), ect.

I must corrct my previous statement even if mind control was not present in a lot of game there afther.

X-Com did explore the mind control avenue in it's game and it did provide for a more challenging progression in mid game. End game however broke the whole thing because to compensate for the Ai of the time, they had to make ennemies harder to kill or with the ability to spam some OP abilities.

Defensive use of Psyonic means training to resist it's effect. I think mind control and panic attack were implemented to make use of the bravery system in late game. At this point, your guys are pretty much imprevious to bravery attack. Mind control did circumvent that.

End game was a bit broken with Psyonic but it was an important part of the game nonetheless. Implementing it or not in this game, does not change that fact. The same goes for the blaster launcher.

TFTD was a bit less fun in end game because you could not level an entire boat or town using blaster laucher. I don't mean that they are a pivotal tool but I loved to blew stuff up with it and they enable you to do so quickly.

Edited by plucx