[v19 SC1 / Ground Combat] 4 electroshock granades for Android not enough?

I captured a Caesan Officer and interrogated him and now it says Capture a LEADER. So it does not haft to be Andron and it makes some sense that Androns can't be captured because they have no brain and when their CPU is destroyed with EMP then its the same as just shooting them to bits.

It would be nice if there was some way to capture the Androns which would lead to a research path that let you make your own Robot Warrior of similar size to a standard soldier. Or even a Cyborg enhancement thing. Maybe a mod will be made in the future for it? Also perhaps a Terror From The Deep mod also :)

i've had the exact same.

However; in a being with no biological parts, the "dead" form is almost as good as the live one since you can simply provide power to the sub systems and you can examine and test them. Pumping blood through a dead person won't do that ;)

You could argue that the memory / data was destroyed when the system was destroyed though, thus giving you a reason to capture one.

Maybe because the robots are Alien thus run on very different electronics, if you have a look at the alien electronic research you will see that it has some sort of organic part to it thus giving rise to the idea that conventional EMP would not work. Probably need some sort of advanced emp hybrid grenade to do the job (without the Android going into system self-destruct mode that is).

Sorry, but I missed this thread - I didn't realise everyone was going to start posting bugs in the main bug forum again, but I can see why people might.

Shock grenades should do EMP damage, which causes normal (i.e. killing) damage to robotic units in additions to the stun damage it causes to organic units. A fix for this should be ready soon.

Sorry, but I missed this thread - I didn't realise everyone was going to start posting bugs in the main bug forum again, but I can see why people might.

yes. my fault. please move all my threads to "right one" forum

A fix for this should be ready soon.

great! thanks!

and what about ability to stun robots? will it be possible to capture any robot to irregate it? f.e. Andron Officer?