First I will say that the game look really promising, and that i look forward to the day it is ready :D

1 Alien bug launcher: fire a little bug who when the hit go into melee and bite the target. If they not hit (or the target is dead :( ) they walking around and attack the nearest enemy, they are hard to hit but easy to kill

2 A repair set so you can repair your vehicle under a mission, the same way as a medic kits

3 Under a night mission an vehicle can have light in the front that you can turn on and off. (This can be use full because a vehicle can not throw flare to see in the dark)

4 a stun grenade, but it dos not work on all kind of aliens, but later you can build a better one special against the aliens that do work on all aliens

5 pilots to the airplanes, as like soldiers also can get some XP from shot down UFO and then give a small bonus to hit and avoid hits (perhaps +0% to +10 %) to the craft they are onboard, but not so advance as the soldiers, this will also do so people think a little more about their planes

I see it now, super intelligent space faring races with technology akin to magic, all foiled by a pair of headlights. :D

In all seriousness though, shooting against, or even worse, past light sources could incur some penalty. If one doesn't have the right gear. However I dunno if the game engine calculates light in a way that makes this feasible atm. But could make for interesting tactical decisions. Kill the lights to not be blinded, or keep them to be able to see further than your hand?