Trouble downloading and installing from Steam

Sorry if im in the wrong part of the forum, but I cant seem to download and install it from Steam.

I manage to find it, Steam says it's downloading and installing, but thereafter nothing happens. I see the game in my list of games, but when I try to start it it says:

"Steam - error

Could not start game (executable file is missing)

More information on Steams support page"

So I go there and they tell me to delete a certain folder. Problem is, I cant find it (instructions for PC maybe?)

Im using a Mac with MacOS - does this build not work with Mac?

Not the Steam version, no. You need to get it from Desura or the Humble Store.

Eventually we will have the Steam Mac build working, but at the moment it's not.

Sorry mate!

So, no playable version for Mac yet? Even from Desura or Humble?

Perhaps you need to make that clear for Mac users - that is - Steam is only for PC! :)

You shouldn't be able to buy Xenonauts on Steam on Mac or Linux, but I think it's possible via the browser. Anyway, we will have Mac / Linux versions on there for the final game but not the development builds.

If you want to play on Mac or Linux, you need to download from Desura or Humble Store. If you buy though our site you'll have access to one of those already, but if you've purchased on Steam you'll need to email me at chris@xenonauts.com so I can pass along a Humble Store key for you.

I have tried downloading from Desura but cant even install Desura on Mac (it seems). Also, cant find the game on Humble Store either.

Help would be appreciated.

Steps to get Desura for the Mac!

1.Download and install the latest version of Wineskin.

2. Download Desura for mac and install it, using Wineskin don't click convert to OS x Application just Run in a random preferences

3. Do the same thing for Desura.exe.

4. Log in with your Modbb account and Poof!

http://www.desura.com/groups/desura/forum/thread/how-to-install-desura-for-mac-users